Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

wiseco piston ID 11 Nov 2005 12:20 #7771

• wiredgeorge
  • wiredgeorge's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Came across a set of older Wiseco pistons. I believe they are 1015cc as they are a shade under 70mm. The top ring is just a shade over 1.5mm and the middle ring a shade under 1.5mm and the 3 pc. oil ring is 2.75mm. Strange sizes for a Wiseco piston. They look to be around 10.5:1 compression with deep cut outs for the valves. On the inside, the Wiseco logo (script W in a football) is on one side where the piston pin rests and on the other is 4020. There is nothing on the piston crown. The pistons look virtually new. To retain the wrist pins, spiral flat, thin wire things are used with about 2.5 spirals. I have already called Wiseco and these pistons seem to predate Wiseco customer support memory. Anyone know anything about these pistons; where I could get some rings and some of the spiral clips? I don't think using Kaw circlips would be a great idea as these spiral clips likely are a tad wider.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

wiseco piston ID 11 Nov 2005 12:37 #7778

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
George, you may be somewhat in luck.

4020 is just the Wiseco piston size - sadly they use the ame numbers even though the piston rings grooves changed many years ago.

These older pistons don't use the same rings Wiseco currently puts on the pistons, but the aftermarket factory rings are close. The top and middle rings are the same, the only thing different is the concertina spacer between the rings - and you should be able to reuse that from the old set.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

wiseco piston ID 11 Nov 2005 12:38 #7779

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
The spiral clips are available - I just can't remember where...
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

wiseco piston ID 11 Nov 2005 13:36 #7790

• wiredgeorge
  • wiredgeorge's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Thanks Jeff! If the pistons use OEM style rings, that would be helpful. The scraper rings are fine but two of the pistons had broken top rings...

Try and remember about the spiral keepers. I have never seen them but I think I will need some as circlips will fit loose.

AND PLEASE GIVE ME SOME PRICES ON THE 95 ZZZZZZILLION ITEMS I NEED! My birthday is coming up soon and my daughter wants to buy me something bwhahaha if you get a call from a girl with the same last name as me, treat her right as she will be my youngest! hehe
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

wiseco piston ID 14 Nov 2005 06:18 #8127

• mikekz900
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey George and Jeff, When I was searching for rings for my bike I got them and the spiral keepers from J.E. pistons company... I replaced all the keepers while I was in there.

• Page: