How many miles are on your Kawi?

More
01 Sep 2006 10:32 #73877 by Jim N
How many miles are on your Kawi? was created by Jim N
I'm getting ready to roll over to 40k, probably next week, on my 1980 kz750ltd. I've done a lot of stuff to it (rebuilt carbs, new intake boots, KZ bars, quarter fairing, etc), but have not broken into the engine ever. It runs STRONG, stronger then my friends standard 1980 kz750, once it gets into the high RPM's it literally screams down the road. It burns a little oil, but does not seem to smoke. Like all ujm's, it sounds like a coffee can full of bolts in the back of an old truck rattling around, but runs like a bat outta hell. I'm just wondering, how many miles do you guys have on your un-rebuilt engines?
The topic has been locked.
More
01 Sep 2006 10:45 #73880 by kawadruida
Replied by kawadruida on topic How many miles are on your Kawi?
My ´84 Gpz550 says 32,000 km: that´s about 20,000 miles, but bought it with no speedo cable, so I just don´t know how many REAL miles has on it. It goes pretty strong for a 22 year old bike, and catches a fair share of looks at every red light too!

My ´81 Z550 came with the same problem (broken speedo cable), but its engine has been rebuilt once and runs pretty strong too.

There´s a previous post on this subject in the previous page of this forum, check it out.

If you think that UJM´s sound like rattlecans, have you ever heard a Brit bike? LOL

Cheers!;)

Post edited by: kawadruida, at: 2006/09/01 13:47
More
01 Sep 2006 12:09 #73898 by Jim N
Replied by Jim N on topic How many miles are on your Kawi?
Well, crap, I did a search before I posted this just so this wouldn't happen! Should have searched manually! Doh!
More
01 Sep 2006 18:42 #73968 by steell
Replied by steell on topic How many miles are on your Kawi?
Since this is a duplicate subject and you have discovered the other thread I'll go ahead and lock this one and let it fade away :)

KD9JUR