what cams?

More
31 Aug 2006 08:14 #73630 by brianrae33
what cams? was created by brianrae33
was going to do some more engine mods over the winter...just wondering if anyone had any input on a set of drop in cams...still have shim over bucket lifters, thinking maybe gpz1100...thanx in advance for any insight..oh...and also probably going to pucnch it to a 1075 wiseco..

1982 kz1000ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2006 08:24 #73633 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic what cams?
I'm pretty sure that the GPZ1100 cams don't have a tach-drive gear,just so You know.And You'll also have to do some mods to the top chain tower on Your head.(been a while,and I can't remember the details)
I'm running the A.P.E. 410 cams with adjustable sprockets(which had to be dialed in(degreed),by a Friend with the proper tools)and I LOVE them!Had to do some clearancing(grinding) on the head and valve cover for them to work.Great for the street...lots of torque.
I also reccomend using the heavy-duty valve-springs.B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
31 Aug 2006 17:46 #73735 by APE Jay
Replied by APE Jay on topic what cams?
Sandy wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the GPZ1100 cams don't have a tach-drive gear,just so You know.And You'll also have to do some mods to the top chain tower on Your head.(been a while,and I can't remember the details)
I'm running the A.P.E. 410 cams with adjustable sprockets(which had to be dialed in(degreed),by a Friend with the proper tools)and I LOVE them!Had to do some clearancing(grinding) on the head and valve cover for them to work.Great for the street...lots of torque.
I also reccomend using the heavy-duty valve-springs.B)

What he said...
kzzone.com/cams.html

Jay

More
31 Aug 2006 18:37 #73747 by TwoCam
Replied by TwoCam on topic what cams?
I have Cam Motion Z2 cams (.385" lift ,252* @.050 duration) and APE valve springs (VS900K) in my 1075 engine. Idles nice and pulls like a raped ape past 10,000 rpm.
They are drop in cams, no clearancing required.
I would also install an oil pan gate if you are going this far with the engine. Very sinple install, keeps the oil lite from coming on when you hammer it hard.

More
02 Sep 2006 05:54 #74028 by brianrae33
Replied by brianrae33 on topic what cams?
where abouts would i be able to get the 385's twocam?

1982 kz1000ltd