Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clutch 750 twin 11 Aug 2006 22:36 #68867

• ronjones
  • ronjones's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Ok, so I'm trying to get my bike together, 18K on the odo, and I've been reading the posts and I've gathered that since I've got my motor covers off I might as well check out my clutch. I've taken it apart and everything looks really good. The friction plates have plenty of good material left and the metal plates are nice and shiney. However there seemed to be a bit of "stickyness" between the plates. The bike has been sitting for a good ten yrs. Should I clean them off w/brake cleaner and oil them down?

I wiped them down w/a rag, oiled them and reinstalled.

Should I pull the "clutch ball bearing", to make sure that it's clear and moving free?

Did this and clutch pushrod and ball move freely

By mistake I bought a single friction plate. Should I use it, somewhere, eventhough the plates in the bike look ok?

Just reinstalled old clutch plates because they looked to be in really good shape

Since I have the covers off and the clutch free, is there anything else I need to check?

Closed up everything, put oil in and it doesn't seem that I have any leaks.

What are the steps in adjusting the clutch?

Duh...I found how to do this in my manuel :blush:
will do this tomorrow.

I don't want to take this thing apart again. Any tips in getting rid of the old, clutch cover gasket, sandpaper? steel wool? brillo?

Used a brass wheel and drill, cleaned them up pretty good.

Any info. is appreciated?
Thanks

Basically I have the bike put back together. Now I need to get it started. I know I'm going to have problems w/this all important last step.

Post edited by: ronjones, at: 2006/08/13 00:38
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: