Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Oil Flow Again 24 Feb 2024 09:07 #895565

• MJinCO
  • MJinCO's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
My question is which side of the 1000/1100 GPZ oil cooler fitting is the outlet?
I have the GPZ oil cooler adapter on my 1000J motor.  The oil cooler, a tube type, is in a side compartment of the car and out of the air stream so it has a cooling fan.  I'm increasing the line size form a -6 to a -8 to match the cooler and adding a Derale 185 degree switch to turn the fan on.   I considered adding a thermostat, but it can easily be added later.  The only oil thermostat that I can verify that does not induce any pressure drop is the one by Improved Racing. When apart the motor showed some damage in the cam/cam bearing area most likely due to oil flow and also head warpage in the #2/3 cylinders due to poor cooling.  There appears to be some rather unknowing engineering considering motor cooling when the motor was put in the car. I'll add some pics and explanation later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Oil Flow Again 24 Feb 2024 13:41 #895570

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1798
When standing at the back of the motor looking forward the left fitting is the pressure feed from the oil pump (outlet) and the right fitting is the return to the main gallery from the cooler
The following user(s) said Thank You: howardhb

Oil Flow Again 25 Feb 2024 12:29 #895585

• MJinCO
  • MJinCO's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks, helps a lot.

• Page: