Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nitrous 03 Jan 2024 13:08 #893516

• Snake1999
  • Snake1999's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Has anyone ever had any problems with NX fuel solenoids/self regulating pumps? I had both fail at the beggining of 2023 and just caught it. All season we had troubles with the bike stuttering all the way down the track. We replaced the old battery with an XS power battery, checked all fuses, checked the dyna 2000 to see if it was failing as well as ohm'ing the coils, replaced all plug wires with new dyna grey suppression wires and rechecked valve clearance. We only started to tear apart the nitrous system when I hooked up a wego III data logger and seen that it was extremely lean at 18.1. When we tore apart the nitrous system we found the fuel solenoid was stuck closed and found marring around the plunger cavity. NX sent a new noid for free and then the fuel pump failed to maintain pressure when the solenoid opened. The whole nitrous kit was less than a year old. We basically went the whole season spraying our engine with an 80 shot and no additional fuel, and somehow it survived the ordeal. NX made it right by sending a pro mod style fuel pump and billet regulator. So has anyone ever seen that type of damage to a fuel solenoid or heard of 2 pretty critical components of a nitrous system fail so quickly? 
1981 KZ1000J , MTC 1428CC 13.5:1, MTC Big Block, MTC 2-Stage lockup, WEB 480/460 cams, O/S SS valves, Pro V springs, Titanium retainers/shims, SOB Tappets, adj cam sprockets, porting and head prep by FBG, fully cut trans by FBG, MRE Airshift, NX 80 shot, VP Q16, pinned & welded crank, APE studs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

Nitrous 03 Jan 2024 16:07 #893520

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Away
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
Hi Snake
Just noticed you are from Howell
I'm on Zukey Lake in Hamburg.
I used to run nitrous on my bike and my team ran it on our funny bike. 
This was many years ago but the problems you are having  we also had our failures.
Seals were the biggest failure  followed by solenoid failures.
Were do you race at ?    Milan ?
You should join us  at one of our KZ build weekends at my place
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Nitrous 04 Jan 2024 17:41 #893598

• Snake1999
  • Snake1999's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Oh wow small world! Haven't had any seals go out yet just doing winter maintenance (going over everything with a fine tooth comb). I actually don't race on the asphalt but I've been a spectator at milan many times. I race 300 ft in the sand up in Mears Michigan at Silverback Offroad Speedway. I run in the Pro ATV class and we've always called the quads bikes for some reason lol. It's a chromolly tube framed quad so it's a bit different but eventually I'd like to go to asphalt too. I put a picture up of what the contraption looks like. PM me when you have your build weekends sounds like a great time, I'm currently working on building an 1 ⅞ 4-1 header with megaphone for the beast since I can't find a murray. 
1981 KZ1000J , MTC 1428CC 13.5:1, MTC Big Block, MTC 2-Stage lockup, WEB 480/460 cams, O/S SS valves, Pro V springs, Titanium retainers/shims, SOB Tappets, adj cam sprockets, porting and head prep by FBG, fully cut trans by FBG, MRE Airshift, NX 80 shot, VP Q16, pinned & welded crank, APE studs.
Attachments:

• Page: