• Page:

TOPIC:

Sprocket cover/ Clutch adjuster 11 Dec 2022 23:21 #877732

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 70
Aloha guys.

Long story short, does anyone know if the sprocket cover from late model KZ550 fits late model 750? I'm trying something that need modification to sprocket cover but I'm not about to use my original. So if the ones from 550 fits, which is plentiful on evilbay, I'm about to purchase it and send it out to be modify. If not, I did find few, very few on evilbay but they're commanding more money and just in case it won't work, I'm trying to keep the cost to minimum. But if push comes to shove, I will buy it. But hoping the best that 550 ones will fit.

This is what my cover looks like. As you can see, the big end of the cover is facing front. If the older model 750 cover fits with the clutch adjuster line up, I may go that way. The point is the clutch adjuster. As long as it aligns with the current pushrod setup and cover fits on my bike, I'm going to try it.

Anyone knows about these?
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sprocket cover/ Clutch adjuster 12 Dec 2022 05:30 #877735

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2771
I'm pretty sure the 550 cover won't fit.  

There is one cheap cover on eBay, it doesn't have the actuation mechanism, though.  

Sprocket cover/ Clutch adjuster 12 Dec 2022 06:48 #877737

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1643
You probably already know this:  there are at least 4 or 5 different KZ650/KZ750 engine sprocket covers. 
I don't know how interchangeable they all are.   The one on the 82 750R1 is unique to the model.
The sprocket cover on my 81 KZ650-CSR is the same as some of the 750E/750H models.
The shaft drive model sprocket cover & clutch release are quite a bit different.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Sprocket cover/ Clutch adjuster 12 Dec 2022 16:14 #877746

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 70
Thanks guys.

Nessism: Yeah, that was my guess. But it won't hurt anything to ask. Some of the stuff does interchange, so it was a long shot, but oh well. As for the actuation mechanism, mine is in great shape, but if I can get another one with the cover, that much more sweeter.

martin: yes. My cover is unique and only the late model KZ have those. I believe my 82 GPZ and later KZ750 and 700 had those. Later GPz cover comes pretty close, but it does not have clutch adjuster as they had their clutch operating arm on the clutch cover itself. The earlier models have different starter cover, so I don't think it'll fit. Even if it fit, my concern will be the clutch adjuster.

Anyway, thanks again guys. Back to evilbay..............
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Sprocket cover/ Clutch adjuster 13 Dec 2022 06:03 #877763

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1643
To expand the possible options I would compare the others to yours. It may be that they are interchangeable. Sometimes the difference is only cosmetic, such as the color. Most starter motor covers are chrome, but yours is black >> all of the 650s & 750-4s use the same gasket so they probably fit the same.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Sprocket cover/ Clutch adjuster 13 Dec 2022 07:09 #877766

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2771
This is the one I mentioned earlier.  $39 shipped in the USA.  eBay item number:295367631479

• Page: