Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ750 twin engine noise 12 Sep 2022 11:53 #873769

• Bluescroft762
  • Bluescroft762's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All - I have a 1977 KZ750 twin with 25000 miles on the clock. It makes a rattly whirry sound on the overrun (that is slowing down from 50 + mph with the throttle closed. I've adjusted camchain carefully and done the shims etc. The engine vibrates very little and pulls like a train. Has standard - fairly quiet - exhausts. Should I be worried? I'm not used to the racket these twins make - yet... Cheers Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ750 twin engine noise 12 Sep 2022 12:13 #873770

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
Welcome KZRider
Did you check / lube /adjust the drive chain and inspect the sprockets
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

KZ750 twin engine noise 12 Sep 2022 14:07 #873779

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
If the carbs are not balanced well the primary chain can make a racket, but this is usually only noticable at idle. pretty common on these bikes. Also its possible the baffle in the factory exhaust thats come loose and is vibrating in the muffler.

Last edit: by DoctoRot.

KZ750 twin engine noise 13 Sep 2022 03:35 #873809

• Bluescroft762
  • Bluescroft762's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi thanks for replies - yes it's a brand new chain and sprockets. But I should try and balance the carbs properly...  It's definitely an 'inside' engine noise - I'm just not sure its normal or not!
BTW Is anyone else fed up with the robot verification thingy running out after a very short time! Cheers Mike

KZ750 twin engine noise 13 Sep 2022 08:14 #873827

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972

Hi thanks for replies - yes it's a brand new chain and sprockets. But I should try and balance the carbs properly...  It's definitely an 'inside' engine noise - I'm just not sure its normal or not!
BTW Is anyone else fed up with the robot verification thingy running out after a very short time! Cheers Mike
You have 2 approved posts now , so I believe the robot will no longer be any concern 
As a new member  you were not able to post with out each post being oked (Reviewed ) 
That is how we eliminate  spam from our site 
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Page: