Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need help identifying an exhaust 04 May 2022 15:05 #866624

• Sdaniels2010
  • Sdaniels2010's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm wondering if this isn't a home brewed job...the weld looks good enough to be done by a professional but the pipe looks like something that can be picked up at any Autozone.  No baffles.  I managed to clean up the chrome on the header but that end piece isn't chrome.  Previous owner had a hose clamp holding the exhaust to the frame towards the end of it.  Trying to decide if I want to cut the pipe & throw a muffler on it or just replace the whole thing...  
1981 KZ440 A2 LTD
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sdaniels2010.

Need help identifying an exhaust 05 May 2022 08:39 #866652

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 369
I can not help you with the ID of that.  But would think you would want both pipes to be close to equal in things like length, flow. etc.  Did the bike run with the current pipes. If so how well did it run?
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

Need help identifying an exhaust 06 May 2022 08:57 #866692

• Sdaniels2010
  • Sdaniels2010's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7

I can not help you with the ID of that.  But would think you would want both pipes to be close to equal in things like length, flow. etc.  Did the bike run with the current pipes. If so how well did it run?
I only rode the bike through an apartment complex but it ran fine up to around 5K rpm.  The diameter of the pipe is 1 7/8" for the bigger section.  Most of the mufflers only go up to 1 3/4" but there are a few that go to 2".  And considering I have yet to find a new manufactured replacement for the headers I'm stuck with these.  I may just cut at the weld & throw on some longish mufflers.  What I'd really like to do is have someone weld up the two headers & make a 2-1 exhaust.
1981 KZ440 A2 LTD

• Page: