GPZ750 Crank bearings

More
21 Apr 2022 20:33 #865916 by 750 R1
GPZ750 Crank bearings was created by 750 R1
Just wondering where you guys get Big end and crank slipper bearings for the 650/750 Kawasaki 4 cylinder engines.
I have an 1982 GPZ750..
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2022 20:44 - 21 Apr 2022 21:00 #865917 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic GPZ750 Crank bearings
They show as available from USA part sources like Partzilla.  Another option is check ebay.

And, I think the later year ZR-7 engine used a variation of the same bearings.  Daftrusty posted about this detail if you care to dig the info out of the archives.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2022 21:00 by Nessism.

More
21 Apr 2022 20:48 #865918 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic GPZ750 Crank bearings
Partzilla shows two of the three sizes in stock, the other supposedly ships in 2-3 days.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

More
21 Apr 2022 22:51 - 21 Apr 2022 22:53 #865924 by 750 R1
Replied by 750 R1 on topic GPZ750 Crank bearings

They show as available from USA part sources like Partzilla.  Another option is check ebay.

And, I think the later year ZR-7 engine used a variation of the same bearings.  Daftrusty posted about this detail if you care to dig the info out of the archives.

Thanks Ed, I'll send Rusty an email. The US is killing its small business trade overseas with ridiculous shipping charges, I  had a recent email exchange with a fairly large motorcycle business in the US, I sold him some High performance stuff I had, he does a lot of international business and that part of his business is dying off, he was really annoyed about it. I sent him a 20kg box, 600mm x 300mm x 300mm, it cost me just under 120USD to  send, I was recently quoted over 350USD shipping for a stator cover with stator, The seller actually sent me the shipping quotes to prove he wasn't trying to rip me off, that's insane.. I've recently bought stuff from Japan, the Netherlands and the UK with none of those problems.   We can't even get VHT paint here since mid last year, my local auto shop had 176 cans of one colour on back order, that's ONE COLOUR,  its a complete joke. I recently waited over a month for a part from the US, it was sent Express Post by a friend, it spent the first 4 weeks doing a tour of the US, once it finally got on a plane it was here in 3 days.   Are you guys having problems like that domestically or is it just an international problem from the US ?
I should have mentioned that I'm in Australia, I'm trying to find something closer to home if at all possible,  or maybe Europe or Japan...
Sorry for the rant but I used to buy a lot of stuff from the US, shipping costs have all but killed that...
Last edit: 21 Apr 2022 22:53 by 750 R1.

• Ojisan rider
  • Sustaining Member
More
22 Apr 2022 00:24 #865927 by Ojisan rider
Replied by Ojisan rider on topic GPZ750 Crank bearings
I'm not sure  about rest of 48 states and Alaska, but I can tell you it's a USPS problem, at least here in Hawaii. Started about 5 years ago. You probably need to get the map of the whole US out, but let me give you some idea how bad is it. Mind you, I live in HAWAII. please let that sink in.

About 5 years ago, I sent my US passport to CA to get it renew. Local passport agency won't do it unless you're in hurry and ready to cough up additional $120. I had few month but according to passport agency, takes anywhere between 8 to 12 weeks to renew it. So sent it as US Certified Mail and naturally, it has tracking. From what I can remember, it went from Hawaii to Chicago, then I believe it was to DFW and finally to somewhere in CA. Normal 3day trip but paid Certified rate and took more than a week to get there. I did get my passport back in time though.

Just recently, bought something from Ebay. Twice, it went from mainland US to San Juan, PR (that's Puerto Rico), then went back to DFW, then onto somewhere in CA and finally here. I mean come on. I live in HAWAII. Someone doesn't know where that is? If so GOOGLE the f**king place.

That's just to name a few. Don't get me started with that subject. I wish I can retrieve the info from USPS site, but tracking # is long gone (I mean I throw it away). Oh, and it's not USPS problem. I had it with other major carrier as well.

Bottom line. Shipping from Japan and EU is lot cheaper unless the seller offer free shipping. Unless it's USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate box or the shipper has some kind of discount, they don't want to ship it here. Period. Even in US.

82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750 R1

More
22 Apr 2022 05:40 #865931 by woodyvale
Replied by woodyvale on topic GPZ750 Crank bearings
I’m based in western australia, so not only do i wait weeks for stuff to arrive from the states into aus, but then usually another 2 weeks to get across to the west coast from the east.

Makes it hard for restoing - find you need a part and have to wait a month before it arrives.

i find stuff gets here quicker from the UK and europe than from the US.

SA motorcycles in south australia have been pretty good for parts for my 1100 unitrack.

i’ve used partzilla a lot in the past but postage has killed that. Same with CMSNL in holland.

More
22 Apr 2022 05:51 #865932 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic GPZ750 Crank bearings
I have no idea what the cause of all that crazy shipping is.
If Partzilla and other OEM vendors show the bearings in stock, then any local Kawasaki dealer can get them.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

More
22 Apr 2022 20:37 #865980 by 750 R1

I’m based in western australia, so not only do i wait weeks for stuff to arrive from the states into aus, but then usually another 2 weeks to get across to the west coast from the east.

Makes it hard for restoing - find you need a part and have to wait a month before it arrives.

i find stuff gets here quicker from the UK and europe than from the US.

SA motorcycles in south australia have been pretty good for parts for my 1100 unitrack.

i’ve used partzilla a lot in the past but postage has killed that. Same with CMSNL in holland.
I'm still buying the occasional part from CMSNL, their prices for shipping have been good, but they use Fedex who I've found pretty poor at times. Fedex , instead of delivering the parcel themselves, sometimes pass off the item to a third party carrier, and automatically mark the tracking delivered, even though it isn't, I've waited 2 weeks after an item was marked delivered before actually getting it. I contacted CMSNL straight away as I didn't have the part and they handled it for me and even resent me the parts, Once, I ended up with 2 lots of parts for the price of one..! Crazy....

More
22 Apr 2022 20:37 #865981 by 750 R1

I have no idea what the cause of all that crazy shipping is.
If Partzilla and other OEM vendors show the bearings in stock, then any local Kawasaki dealer can get them.

Thanks, I'm waiting on a call back on Monday, we'll see...

More
23 Apr 2022 01:07 #865988 by woodyvale
Replied by woodyvale on topic GPZ750 Crank bearings
Interestingly i ordered some parts for my vstrom from greece recently and they arrived within 5 days - was DHL express. Cost 31 euros, which i nearly spat my coffee out at, but at least the parts got here quick!

More
23 Apr 2022 14:59 #866024 by 750 R1

Interestingly i ordered some parts for my vstrom from greece recently and they arrived within 5 days - was DHL express. Cost 31 euros, which i nearly spat my coffee out at, but at least the parts got here quick!

Yes, sometimes shipping costs are all over the place, I make a habit of checking the shipping labels for price ,  I've found a few sellers skimming on shipping...