Engine install

• JakesKaw
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
14 Mar 2022 09:50 #863787 by JakesKaw
Engine install was created by JakesKaw
I made a lifting device that bolts to the intake with 8 bolts with a handle on teach side to allow the engine to be installed without damaging the frame paint.the left side is longer to allow it to extend through the frame when installing the engine. I wrapped rags around the frame and used tape to hold them in place. I then removed the valve cover, drain plug and oil filter to give a little extra space to slide it over the lower tube of the frame. I then had two friends set the engine on a floor jack. I positioned a scissor jack under the frame and adjusted it to allow us to set the motor on it once we have it in the frame. We raised the floor jack to the proper height and rolled the floor jack so the left side handle was through the frame. With a guy on each side we lifted the engine, set it on the scissor jack and adjusted the engine height and installed the mounting hardware. No scratches!

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
14 Mar 2022 12:18 - 14 Mar 2022 12:23 #863792 by Scirocco
Replied by Scirocco on topic Engine install
Your pics didn´t shown up but some KZR member here made the same hook aka crane traverse like you to lift the engine into the frame.

• Last edit: 14 Mar 2022 12:23 by Scirocco.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy, Nerdy, Wookie58

More
    16 Mar 2022 16:59 #863894 by Irish Yobbo
    Replied by Irish Yobbo on topic Engine install
    This is a great idea. I've never taken the engine out of my 750, but I may at some stage to paint it all up. I've taken engines out of bikes before (most recently an XJ900 engine) and usually just get a second pair of hands for lifting - this looks much easier and better on your back.

1981 KZ750 LTD