Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

PMC Easy Clutch 08 Dec 2021 20:24 #858849

• Darmah
  • Darmah's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Had another look at the Easy Clutch again today. If I install the gold housing in 180 degrees from how the instruction say. The actuating arm hits the aluminium housing. So cant be installed.  If I move the arm a third of a turn. Its too far forward.  My next move is to check and make sure the ball bearing is installed behind the clutch.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Darmah.

PMC Easy Clutch 09 Dec 2021 05:57 #858855

• Bama704
  • User
  • Thank you received: 28
You are close.  The gold housing stays the same.  You have to keep moving the actuating arm around until you get it.  I looked at it so many different times and moved it around plenty as well.  It will work, just keep moving it. 
1977 KZ900
Carbs are late model 1975 28mm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darmah

PMC Easy Clutch 09 Dec 2021 23:40 #858891

• Darmah
  • User
So what was it that you turned 180 degrees? Because the actuator sits on 3 balls in a triangle shape. There is only 3 positions it can sit. Each position is 120 degrees from the other.
This is where my actuator sits when I follow the instructions. But I run out of adjustment in the cable and the rod is still not being activated.                      

Attachments:

Last edit: by Darmah.

PMC Easy Clutch 10 Dec 2021 04:35 #858895

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1902
You have to adjust the acutator to rod play with this screw first, before you adjust the clutch cable play.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, Darmah

PMC Easy Clutch 10 Dec 2021 21:06 #858936

• Darmah
  • User
I've screwd that right in. But dont feel that it is making contact with the rod. So I'm going to have a look behind the clutch and see if the ball is actually in there.
On a side note. I was sent the wrong piston dust seal for my caliper. So waiting on the right one to be sent. Oh the joys of online shopping, where you cant take the original part in to compare.

PMC Easy Clutch 13 Dec 2021 19:59 #859040

• Darmah
  • User
Got round to checking behind the clutch for the ball bearing. It is there. I was kinda hoping it wasnt, so that when I put one in, it would hopefully make the actuater closer to the pushrod. So not sure what to try next.

PMC Easy Clutch 13 Dec 2021 21:11 #859041

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
  • Thank you received: 223
Here's the instructions in English (somewhat).
www.cybike.co.uk/Portals/0/Documents/72-...017-04-21-123150-447
"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)

PMC Easy Clutch 13 Dec 2021 22:45 #859043

• Darmah
  • User
Thanks for that. It has been (somewhat) helpful. I was screwing the slotted screw all the way in. But its saying I have to unscrew it a certain amount to take up the slack between the actuater and pushrod. Which is ass about face to normal. Might make all the difference. I'll let you know. Cheers.

PMC Easy Clutch 14 Dec 2021 00:27 #859044

• kzstreetfighter71
  • User
  • Atlantic West Coast
  • Thank you received: 250
If i remember correctly, when i installed my PMC easy clutch with the PMFR clutch plate i ended up having to make a new actuator rod about 10 mm longer out of stainless, it was fairly easy to do.
06 Gsf 1200 bandit, 08 Triumph tiger 1010
05 Yam xv1700 , 02 Hon shadow 1100
1975 Z1 (currently working on)
1977 Z1000 ( running and in storage)
1978 Z1000 (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "skinny tank" (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "fat tank (gathering parts)
1979 z1000st (currently working on)

PMC Easy Clutch 15 Dec 2021 18:16 #859141

• Darmah
  • User
Well, I spent another couple of hours trying to sort this Easy Clutch out. I thought I had made some headway. I backed off the stotted adjuster screw till it couldnt go anymore (about 2 full turns). It felt like the actater was engaging the pushrod and there was no slack. So I screwed it in half a turn. Still felt good. But after pulling in the clutch a few times, there was a click sound and limp cable. Screwed the adjuster in and then back out and I was back with a tight cable.. Tried many different settings on the adjuster from all the way in to as far out as it would go. But still ended up with the dreaded click and limp cable. Even with minimal clutch travel. It ended the same after 4-5 pulls of the clutch. Starting to seriously think about finding someone to put the actuator arm from the Easy Clutch onto my standard Z1 clutch actuator. But hate the thought of wasted NZ$170.
I'd like to thank everyone for their input and suggestions. But I'm about done with this and will go back to standard. Cheers.

PMC Easy Clutch 15 Dec 2021 19:19 #859144

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1864
What about the clutch lever or perch. Are they factory? Somehow your getting to much travel. After your final adjustments do you have about an 1/8-1/4” free play in the lever before you feel resistance?
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

PMC Easy Clutch 16 Dec 2021 18:55 #859187

• Darmah
  • User
The clutch lever and its holder are all factory. Yes. No matter if I have 1/8" freeplay or an inch with minimum travel of the pushrod. It lets go. I did notice that the Bearing Holder doesnt sit square to flat bit in the gold main body and its only just being held in place. I wonder if thats got something to do with the problem?   
Attachments: