Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Had to remove my center stand :( 12 Aug 2021 17:30 #853673

• 82KZ440LTD
  • 82KZ440LTD's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
I saw some thread like 2 weeks back here for a dirt cheap sale on some MAC mufflers.  They installed really simply, I just had to cut past the cross over pipe, and then they just bolted up.  I used an angle grinder and it made a nice smooth cut.  But the diameters were made for each other, they slid right in.  Anyways, for whatever reason the centerstand had shifted toward the chain side for some reason.  I couldn't figure out why.  So I ended up taking it out because I couldn't put it all the way back up.  I pulled the two pinch bolts and removed it's "axle".  Unfortunately I had to use a grinder to split the "axle" in half to remove it because of clearance problems.  If I ever figure out how to get it back on I'll need a new one.  If anyone knows what could have happened, let me know!  I miss my centerstand like crazy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Had to remove my center stand :( 13 Aug 2021 07:08 #853695

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
At Partzilla some of the drawings are missing for the 82 440 Ltd.  Using the diagrams for the 1980 440A Ltd, the center stand has a rubber damper.  Assuming your 82 model is the same, I couldn't find a center stand stop for the 440 that the damper would contact when the stand is retracted for riding.  Is there supposed to be a bracket w stop on the LH muffler?  On my motorcycle a stop w damper is built into the muffler hanger bracket.  Sometimes w an aftermarket exhaust system, you have to fab up a stop. be wary though, as this may reduce the ground clearance for the center stand when making a LH turn.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Had to remove my center stand :( 13 Aug 2021 11:22 #853714

• 82KZ440LTD
  • 82KZ440LTD's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Must be something like that.  It was hitting my chain before installing the left hand side exhaust.  It would have def eaten up some ground clearance on turns.  So I guess I'm out of a centerstand

• Page: