kz 750 rebuild

More
07 Jun 2021 15:51 #849782 by kzken750
kz 750 rebuild was created by kzken750
greetings,

I am in the process of rebuilding the engine on my 1980 kz750. All the machine work for the valve job has been completed. The piston cylinders have been bored for a Wiseco piston kit to bring it to 810cc. None of the machining was done by me. Although I do not have the most experience with motorcycles I am a competent mechanic and am sure I can put this thing back together. I have owned this bike since new and bought the full manual with it. The manual just does not cover all that is needed for this job. For most of it I know it can only back one way. What I'm not sure about is where all these O rings that I bought go. I am also thinking I might be missing something on each side of the crank shaft. I think some of the O rings go on the head studs but I'm not sure how or when to install them.

thanks for your reply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2021 16:22 - 07 Jun 2021 16:23 #849791 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic kz 750 rebuild
You might want to check Partzilla and go through the parts fishe since that way you can figure out where most every seal/gasket goes.  
There are seals for the crank.  Most gasket kits don't come with those.  
I think a couple of the cylinder studs take O-rings before the cylinder is installed. 

If you take photos of the specific seals you are concerned about and post the photo here maybe someone can help.  If you post photos please be sure to click the "insert all" button before posting your new update.  That way the photos show up in high resolution.

Good luck
Last edit: 07 Jun 2021 16:23 by Nessism.

More
12 Jun 2021 08:03 #850057 by kzken750
Replied by kzken750 on topic kz 750 rebuild
thanks for your reply, it was quite helpful.  I am now in the process of installing the connecting rods. Is there a front and back?  I was careful to keep them numbered and the top and bottom together but forgot about front and back. Does it matter?     thanks