Looking for a good North TX Mechanic

More
13 May 2021 08:15 - 13 May 2021 11:15 #848377 by mattjonestx
Looking for a good North TX Mechanic was created by mattjonestx
Who in North Texas can work on this?
  • Last edit: 13 May 2021 11:15 by Street Fighter LTD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
    • Away
    • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
    More
    13 May 2021 11:28 #848391 by Street Fighter LTD
    Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Looking for a good North TX Mechanic
    I fixed your pictures so they appear full size . Next time click the insert all tab.
    Nice Bike .
    The bike appears to be a real hot rod.  . More of a Pro Street bike / Drag Bike.
    You have a  unique  problem.   
     What work are you in need of ?
    Most of the bike is no longer stock. Turbo/  Race distributor/.  Nitrous / Hydraulic clutch /  rigid rear end  are obvious  updates.
     Bike is what a true hotrodder would love to tinker  with , but  Most of us with similar bikes are not near you . 
    I could do it  but am in Michigan, Les Holt in  indiana,  and a few others
    Post questions and we will all help
    Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
    Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
    14 May 2021 09:21 #848427 by mattjonestx
    Replied by mattjonestx on topic Looking for a good North TX Mechanic
    Thanks for the reply, Dave.  I bought this bike from the son of the deceased owner.  He was unable to provide any details, so I bought it at face value.  The valve cover was missing, I've since bought one, and I'm unsure why it was removed....I was told that the owner built this himself along with a few others; was a wrencher.  So, I don't know if something went wrong, or if he just added the cams, or what the situation was.  What I did find was a broken thread which can be seen in the picture below.  The broken piece is down in the timing chain area.

• Street Fighter LTD
    • Away
    • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
    More
    14 May 2021 10:19 #848429 by Street Fighter LTD
    Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Looking for a good North TX Mechanic
    Hi Matt
     The head needs to come off to fix that.  or swap another head into its place 
    You may be aware that the cam  tower is missing from this position .
    90 percent of what needs to be done can be fixed by anyone  with knowledge of stock kawasaks.
    The 10 percent is knowing what cams ,/ piston  combination you have to insure proper  tolerances  and adjustments  ( Not rocket science )
    Dont turn over motor  unless specs are  checked first, as I dont understand from picture why cam chain is tight  without tower being installed ( Dont want to bend  valves or anythink else )
    Ask any questions you have and they will be answered 
    Best 
    Dave
    PS  Here is my turbo

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
    Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
  • Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    14 May 2021 10:26 #848431 by Mikaw
    Replied by Mikaw on topic Looking for a good North TX Mechanic
    Dave, good advice.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
    1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
    1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
    1980 KZ 750 E1
    Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
    Jimi Hendrix.
  • Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• z1kzonly
    • User
    • Sustaining Member
    More
    14 May 2021 11:27 #848434 by z1kzonly
    Replied by z1kzonly on topic Looking for a good North TX Mechanic
    Wow! Pretty wild with some quality parts! Want to hear my simple common sense plan? 
    Pull all of that stuff and engine out! Sell all the high performance stuff out. It looks like this person did not skimp on money building it.
    Sell off the complete turbo package. Sell the ignition. Sell the lock up clutch. Sell the nitrous kit! The inside of engine is most likely beefed up with welded crank and all the best components? Welded clutch basket? Back cut tranny? Excellent eBay potential! OINK the ebay cult leader would make $ thousands of dollars!!! Those parts are worth some good money!
    THEN, put a nice stock engine with carbs and make a nice 4 into 2 header system for looks, same on both sides of bike.
    At least, that's what I would do.
    Then you still will be the coolest Old Kaw at cruise nights! Everybody checking it out!

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
    Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
    I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
    More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
    Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
    Starts everytime!