1977 KZ Engine refurb video

More
06 Mar 2021 04:39 #844466 by ayeckley
1977 KZ Engine refurb video was created by ayeckley
This was just posted on YouTube - hopefully I’m not duplicating a thread by linking to it here. The engine work is being done at the shop of Larry “Spider-Man” McBride of drag racing fame. The owner of the bike is the guy behind CycleDrag, who IMHO does a great job of promoting motorcycle drag racing as well as vintage KZ bikes.

1976 KZ900A4
1976 KZ900A4
1978 KZ1000A2
1983 ZX750 A1 aka GPz 750
1983 ZX750 A1
1973 CL350K4
1984 ZX1100 A2 aka GPz1100
1969 CT90
2006 Burgman 400
The following user(s) said Thank You: mopguy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
06 Mar 2021 05:13 #844468 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic 1977 KZ Engine refurb video
Yes! Cycle drag is great for not only drag racing but lots of history too! Lot of H2 2 cycle also. Jacks Dad was a drag racer. Hopefully he helps keep the old KZ interest going along with adding some new interest with some younger enthusiasts! He reached his 200,000 likes goal I just seen. FB is taking over. So this site needs all the help it can get. Sorry! I am a drag bike fan since 1976. Still tinker with them. And when I take a slow short ride. It’s on an old HD Shovelhead.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
06 Mar 2021 07:22 #844474 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic 1977 KZ Engine refurb video
FB is losing members in droves due to their bias. They'll soon go the way of Myspace. A lot of it has to do with the "Herd mentality" and the fact spammers and scammers are uncontrolled there. Almost every day I have to decline and block spammers that want to take over the page. (The KZMarket) Other pages are just hungry for members so they let them post off topic crap. We have a good team (I installed) there so they don't last long. There's a few others like Rick's that police their pages like here but they are few and far between. This site still beats them all hands down. :woohoo:
Steve

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
06 Mar 2021 09:14 #844478 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic 1977 KZ Engine refurb video
Yes, Steve, I've been around here since 2004? or so? I know a lot of these guys here are not into drag bikes But, I post stuff on and off, don't get many replies. I don't check in regular. I pass by for a look here and there. But It's a regular look. Yes, FB pisses me off. I gave into ebay with my info. they changed policy. Only ask for last 4 digits of SS# So I can get back to selling on ebay, I like it, safest way, paper trail. etc. A lot of nice people here. But when you have to trust a total stranger on FB Market. Whatever???

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
06 Mar 2021 09:21 #844481 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic 1977 KZ Engine refurb video
Only use PayPal on FB. Not always secure but better than nothing. When I was selling on EB I got a few scammers. I just blocked them or looked up their complaint files. In the discussion board there are stories of rocks being returned as parts sold. No place is perfect.
Steve