Slider clutch, drag(wheelie bars), or both?

More
04 Mar 2021 05:49 #844391 by Shankkole
Hello again, More specs for my build now
1974 Z1 cases
Welded kz 1000 crank(my thoughts are the larger rolling mass of a 1000 crank will not rev as fast but will have more of a PULL at lower RPM)
Ape studs everywhere,Ape main cap
Backcut trans with billet 2nd gear
HD chain,all new internal rubber,seals etc
72mm wiseco kit 10.5:1
Stock head (full rebuild)
I now have 3 questions now that I'm typing this out(slowly).
#1 will a slider clutch aid in having a more tunable takeoff (Heavy tire mass at a stop is really got my head going)
#2 If I still need a Drag(wheelie bar), do you racers recommend a 2 or 1 wheel set up?
#3 is actually a carb question should I just grab some Rs34 for this girl or rebuild the 26mm mikuni? I love the old look, but for what this girl should be able to do Im leaning towards the 34s for performance. I will make a new custom style Henry Abe cover if I go with the Rs carbs .(maybe make a stamp set so I can reproduce them(simple design).
Thank you for any input... Be Well!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
04 Mar 2021 06:43 #844393 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Slider clutch, drag(wheelie bars), or both?
Looking Great !!!!!
Your trike is only going to be so fast with all that mass, and rolling mass of tires.
I would go stock 26 mm. Which will be snappy down low especially with stock head. . When my bike was stock with 26mm's I was faster up to 60 mph than 28s
Heavy clutch springs with a APE pusher bearing and shifter bushing .
No wheelie bar will be needed , but would look cool as hell. ( Looks only )
See you soon
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shankkole

More
04 Mar 2021 07:25 - 04 Mar 2021 07:27 #844396 by Shankkole
Replied by Shankkole on topic Slider clutch, drag(wheelie bars), or both?
Got it! Oh yeah ,soon very soon.
Now I have to get my plungers ready for a trip to the UK for the 26mm or Im gonna be bumming when the sun hits soon, all other parts are in the wind now.
I also was not wanting to lose using the engine as a "BRAKE", which I read the slider does when RPMs are low .
Last edit: 04 Mar 2021 07:27 by Shankkole.

More
04 Mar 2021 07:43 - 04 Mar 2021 07:44 #844398 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Slider clutch, drag(wheelie bars), or both?
Unless you suffer clutch slip from a high power motor and fitting HD springs makes the clutch action a pain i'd leave it stock
Normal 10% heavier springs don't make a big difference to the lever pressure needed at the bars so i'd try those first if needed.
If you do have clutch slip problems due to the traction of those big tyres then a simple lock-up is the way to go.
You can run the stock springs for easy disengagement but still get the grip once the motor spins up.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: 04 Mar 2021 07:44 by zed1015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shankkole