Clutch question

• Bulletkz
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
11 Feb 2021 11:45 #843324 by Bulletkz
Clutch question was created by Bulletkz
I just installed a new oem clutch, discs and springs along with the ape roller pusher and it has the ez pull kit.
I don't know if its because it's new or just me but it feels like a centrifugal clutch or something.
Under heavy throttle at some point it feels like the clutch fully grabs hard almost like a 2nd clutch dump.
I had some problems adjusting it because it would either slip or keep moving forward with the clutch in.
The adjustment seems to be good now and doesn't seem to be slipping but that hard push under throttle seems odd. Hopefully it is normal because it fees good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2021 11:51 #843326 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Clutch question
Did you soak the new plates in your choice of engine oil overnight ?
If not that may be the issue.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
11 Feb 2021 11:55 #843328 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Clutch question
When I installed my Pusher bearing from APE ( a million years ago ) the instructions called for grinding a little off the long pushrod to bring the overall
length back to stock . Did you do so ?
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Bulletkz
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
11 Feb 2021 20:58 #843362 by Bulletkz
Replied by Bulletkz on topic Clutch question
Yes I soaked everything in oil for a few days.
The instructions said no modifications necessary.
Hopefully that's true.
Seems odd that I don't have a slipping problem . It just grabs hard under heavy load. I'll put some more miles on it and adjust it again.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
12 Feb 2021 04:34 #843367 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Clutch question

Bulletkz wrote: Yes I soaked everything in oil for a few days.
The instructions said no modifications necessary.
Hopefully that's true.
Seems odd that I don't have a slipping problem . It just grabs hard under heavy load. I'll put some more miles on it and adjust it again.

I would call APE and ask. The bearing increases the rods overall length by the thickness of the bearing

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn