Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1983 759 ltd f1 09 Jan 2021 20:53 #841462

• SNSkz750
  • SNSkz750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everybody. I tried to start my 750 ltd today, Wouldn't start. Took the plugs out, wire brushed the outside engine side of the plugs on a bench grinder. Sanded in between the inner contacts with a small sheet of sand paper. Gapped them to .30. Started right up. I noticed after it started, it took a long time to warm up to get rid of the hesitation when drawing out the clutch. I'm thinking I have a fuel delivery or original wire problem or need new plug problem. Any input from you guys is appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1983 759 ltd f1 09 Jan 2021 21:13 #841463

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
If it's been more than 2 or 3 weeks since the last time it was started, and if fuel was left in the carbs, the carbs may be dirty. That happened to me quite a few years ago. I cleaned the carbs and began staring the bike once per week even through the winter. Problem solved. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SNSkz750

1983 759 ltd f1 09 Jan 2021 22:00 #841464

• SNSkz750
  • SNSkz750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The last time I started it was5 weeks ago. Put some stabil in it just before then. I have the battery charging with an optimate 4 all through out. I bought some plugs from Amazon. They sent went me the resistor type plugs. Sent them back, got refunded. Why would she pop after I brushed and sanded the plugs. Maybe it's to fucken cold up here. Winter air to thick I guess. In the summer, she pops good. I can use the choke to adjust.

• Page: