• Page:

TOPIC:

Exhausts 07 Jan 2021 08:27 #841273

• Ninja
  • Ninja's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
undefined Hi all
Just wondering what your thoughts are on are on exhausts, I've just fitted a pair of non standard silencers with light baffling, they suit the bike but obviously may alter the fuelling, are we talking back pressure, extra baffling or rejetting, can hunt for some originals but pricey,it was fitted with a Motad 4into 1 but didn't like the lopsided look, these were reasonably priced so didn't hit me hard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Exhausts 07 Jan 2021 09:19 #841274

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1456
With lighter baffling there's a good chance you won't need to alter anything but if you do it will be to increase the main jet size slightly.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ninja

Last edit: by zed1015.

Exhausts 07 Jan 2021 09:42 #841277

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1021
Back pressure results when your exhaust outlet is smaller than the exhaust inlet, and is seldom the case. You can also have pressure waves that bounce back and forth inside the tube. They are caused by the rush of exhaust exiting the combustion chamber, travelling down the tube and returning to the exhaust valve. If the valve is open when the wave returns it will have an impact on engine performance, and because of this the engineer will design to have the wave return when the valve is closed. The baffle is used to reduce noise to an acceptable level. Changing the baffle will have an effect on noise, and will likely have an effect on engine performance, but it would be minor.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw, Ninja

Exhausts 08 Jan 2021 17:36 #841393

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2671
Intake side changes, pods for example, have a dramatic effect on the jetting needs, whereas exhaust side mods don't cause nearly as many issues. In fact, a lot of header systems don't require rejetting at all if the stock airbox is still installed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ninja

Exhausts 08 Jan 2021 23:55 #841411

• F64
  • User
  • 81-KZ440D2
  • Thank you received: 351
Soooo many variables with exhaust changes.
I wouldn't worry unless your power band is much worse.
You may have shifted the rpm where you make your peak power.

Here's a rabbit hole for you.
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragbike_Mike, Ninja

• Page: