Z1 classic injection fix

More
31 Dec 2020 09:00 #840919 by ac4
Z1 classic injection fix was created by ac4
Hi,new here,did look through old posts and didn't find anyone with this idea.I bought a Z1 classic some years ago,one of not many in europe.The fuel injection was not working,I thought about converting to carbs,then started looking at the system.I realised that the throttle sensor from the 1100B2 and UT fitted on the throttle body shaft,but as the shaft is on the wrong side,it would work backwards.So I carefully drilled and filed a hole through the throttle sensor housing,and mounted the sensor using long nuts.I then took the injection cable loom and computer from an 1100B2,and it worked!I would have liked to use the B2 airbox,but it's too big I had to keep with the original with the airflow meter still in ,but not connected.Later after talking to a guy with a 900 with some crazy fuel injection,I fiddled with the air flow meter so it's always open,and it ran better:)All the 1000 and 1100 injection models have the same injectors and heat sensor,so the only thing I had to do extra was put an air temp sensor from the B2 airbox into the classic airbox.
I've also converted an 1100B1 to the later injection system using the same method,had to use the throttle bodies and holders from the classic as the 1100B1 throttle bodies have a different shaft end.
Also I have used 1100UT computers on B2's and they seem to run better,even though there are differences.
cheers

Attachment not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TexasKZ, slayer61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2020 09:17 #840920 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic Z1 classic injection fix
Nice solution, thanks for posting it.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.