You tube Recomendation - Moto-Resto, LLC

More
15 Nov 2020 10:41 #838525 by Jimukgpz550
You tube Recomendation - Moto-Resto, LLC was created by Jimukgpz550
undefined Hi, I can highly recommend the you tube channel Moto-Resto, LLC. Tom goes excellent videos on motorcycle maintenance, mostly older Japanese bikes. He is currently doing an engine restoration on an early gpz750. His videos are clear and he’s a very entertaining guy. I like that he shows the whole process including the wrong turns, he doesn’t try and make it look easy like many other channels. His viewing numbers are way too low for the effort he’s putting in, I’m hoping others will have a look and benefit from his channel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2020 13:04 #838529 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic You tube Recomendation - Moto-Resto, LLC
Sorry to say but not overly impressed with this guy knowledge. He wastes a whole bunch of time performing a compression test without knowing if the valves are adjusted properly. Also, low compression is common on bikes that have sat for a while. I go through the carbs and adjust the valves before anything else. Then fire up the bike and get it on the road for a good ol italian tune up before checking compression.
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx, Mikaw

More
19 Nov 2020 09:35 #838631 by Jimukgpz550
Replied by Jimukgpz550 on topic You tube Recomendation - Moto-Resto, LLC
Well each to their own, it’s been a helpful channel for me just starting out on this type of work. I didn’t know what a compression test was let alone when to do one! This site has also been really helpful and I’ve seen your picture on a lot of sensible posts so thanks for your/ this sites help as well.jim

More
19 Nov 2020 13:42 #838643 by Mikaw
Replied by Mikaw on topic You tube Recomendation - Moto-Resto, LLC
I understand you feel you have benefited from the channel but the concern is without you knowing proper procedure your in danger of picking up bad habits. Id say the best thing to do would be get yourself a Factory Service Manual for you bike and take time to crack the cover and read it. You will learn so much more reading the manual then you will using it as a reference when your bike is broken.

Personally when it come to looking up process's on the internet, I never take one site, one video as the answer. I search for as many on my subject that I can find and balance the results and try to make an informed decision on the results of the search.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

More
19 Nov 2020 15:20 #838644 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic You tube Recomendation - Moto-Resto, LLC
One good thing with the video series: he did a good job explaining why it's important to remove the cam chain tensioner spring before installing the valve cover.:laugh: