• Page:

TOPIC:

Aftermarket friction plates 13 Sep 2020 16:36 #834949

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Aloha guys,

As the title states, I'm looking for OK friction plates for my KZ/GPz 750 from aftermarket source.

To make the long story short, I do have Barnett friction plates along with their plate spring, but I forgot the fact that my son (first time rider) will be on this bike. So I want to install stock type friction plates but I know he'll be slipping the clutch (he still need to practice on this bike) as he's a beginner rider. So I don't want to install OEM friction plate @17.33 a pop (and I need 7 plates which comes out to 121.31) . I'm looking for cheaper alternative.

Came across few from evilbay, but not too sure if these will stand up to it's task. Anybody have any experience with these aftermarket ones? And yes. Once he get comfortable with the bike, either the Barnett or OEM plates are going back in the bike. I'm also working on Hyd. clutch setup, but not for now. I need to get this bike up and running ASAP (but not for next few month. Yeah, that COVID is taking toll on my budget) so pretty much everything stock will go on the bike. I even have the swingarm from Zephyr 400 but that'll have to wait.

Anyway, if you guys have any tips for this, please let me know!

Thanks!
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aftermarket friction plates 14 Sep 2020 10:59 #834992

• Saablord
  • User
  • Thank you received: 59
i may have thrown out my set from a 650 (same size afaik). ill check.

I put a zx9r hydraulic clutch on my 650 project. checkout my post history.

Edit: yeah i tossed them. Id be comfortable with the vesrah parts as well that nessism linked.

Last edit: by Saablord.

Aftermarket friction plates 14 Sep 2020 19:01 #835044

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2674
Vesrah friction plates are cheap on ebay and seem low risk.

Last edit: by Nessism.

Aftermarket friction plates 15 Sep 2020 21:06 #835143

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks for the reply guys.

Yeah, I was looking at Vesrah too. Guess I'll go that route.

saablord: mine was going to be pull-rod type using cheap evilbay Chinese stuff, but that'll need custom line and some fabrication, so that'll have to wait. I will add pictures if that setup become successful. Wish me luck.
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

• Page: