Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ750E shift pedal linkage 31 Jul 2020 21:32 #831985

• Bowie750four
  • Bowie750four's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone, I am restoring a KZ750E and it has the linkage type shift pedal. My question is can I put the regular shift pedal on or is the linkage pedal the way to go? TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ750E shift pedal linkage 01 Aug 2020 05:39 #831996

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2670
Can you post some photos of your current peg and lever setup, both sides of the bike? From what you describe it sounds like the bike has non standard pegs and shift lever (and likely brake pedal too.)

I put GPz pegs and levers on my 750E, which include a linkage type shift lever, which moved the pegs a little bit rearward. It was a bolt on swap so conversely you should be able to bolt on stock replacement parts to return your bike to original.

BTW, I've got the full stock setup sitting in a box if you are in need. The peg brackets were repainted and I've also got a NOS brake lever with shinny chrome. Send me a PM if you want to discuss obtaining these parts.

Good luck

KZ750E shift pedal linkage 01 Aug 2020 17:49 #832053

• Bowie750four
  • Bowie750four's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I’ve chucked a couple of photos of the side cover too, it looks as though it may have been modified, if not it’s pretty rubbish work from Kawasaki.
Attachments:

KZ750E shift pedal linkage 01 Aug 2020 18:00 #832054

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2670
Those look like GPz pegs and levers. The stock bike doesn't have a threaded boss for the shift lever pivot so the sprocket cover needs to be drilled and threaded. Just guessing but it looks like someone botched the job and they they welded the cover for a second attempt. Sprocket covers are dime a dozen so your options are buy another and thread it properly or ditch the rearset pegs and buy some regular ones w/levers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bowie750four

• Page: