• Page:

TOPIC:

Trike Z1 engine build parts order 30 Jun 2020 20:36 #829481

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1967
Sounds like a road trip to me .
Liska is quality stuff.
Best source of cam rollers and other parts .
They used to advertise here
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trike Z1 engine build parts order 30 Jun 2020 21:41 #829485

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1021

Shankkole wrote: Ok will try to cover those
I have new retaining rings for wrist pins yes
got it on three bond
oil seals ( will double check my counts before ordering)
Are new trans and crank bearings required? It seems good old is better than new stock IMHO.

Do I need new lock rings?
no neutral switch
kick start only( not installing starter for now)
looking for a solid rebuild not a monster( WILL DO A TURBO engine for this one day on another block)

No, you don't need new lock rings.

New bearings are not required but if you're pulling the engine apart you might want a refresh. I once made the mistake of rebuilding an engine and left the old bearings in place. One of them is now singing to me.

The seals come as a package from Z1E. Not sure if the oil strainer o ring is part of the kit...can't remember.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shankkole

Trike Z1 engine build parts order 01 Jul 2020 12:53 #829531

• Shankkole
  • Shankkole's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 141
OK,I will start ordering.Im going for extra bearings to have on hand for when the Gracious hands that know better help/inspect for assembly. I really needed some good news because my darn dust collector motor melted a starting capacitor$$( flew here on a plane asap$$) just to throw 3 discs out of the back an hour before the parts got here with 3 jobs needing completed.got laid up in bed for 3 days with limited internet connection.I at least used the time to renew my builders license courses/refile etc. just got one job done and the other fires put out. One question on the billet spacers vs OEM rubber replacement pads for under the idler sprocket. are the milled a bad idea/ gimmick or is it just a bit more taught system.? also got it on Liska!

Last edit: by Shankkole.

Trike Z1 engine build parts order 01 Jul 2020 18:35 #829568

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1021
The photo shows the o ring you need. It's a special design and cannot be replaced by a standard o ring. The photo also shows the tab for the kick start.

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
Attachments:

• Page: