Parts Supplier List or Recommendations

More
08 Jun 2020 16:27 #827622 by ScooterZ
Parts Supplier List or Recommendations was created by ScooterZ
Hi Everyone, Since I got started my 81 KZ1100-A1 project I have purchased from Z1 Ent. and Partzilla. Z1 did a fine job. Partzilla has been abysmal! Slow as molasses, Orders missing parts, worst/slowest shipping possible (UPS ShurPost) and mediocre customer service. Not impressed.
But This post is not about my experiences with Partzilla. Now on to the real question:

Please recommend other parts suppliers. Does anyone have a list of suppliers or Kawasaki dealerships that sell parts at a discount?

Thx,
ScottZ

ScottZ

1981 KZ1100A1 Shaft

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ojisan rider
  • Sustaining Member
More
09 Jun 2020 01:26 #827638 by Ojisan rider
Replied by Ojisan rider on topic Parts Supplier List or Recommendations
You're not the only one with Partzilla. They used to be really good, but lately, probably because of that COVID-19, slow as snail. I order some parts on 5/24 and just got it today (6/8). Still, can't beat them on price and shipping, so I probably will continue to use them.

One of the few reason why my restification project is slowing down.

82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

More
09 Jun 2020 05:08 #827640 by urankjj
Replied by urankjj on topic Parts Supplier List or Recommendations
I have never ordered from them but you might try, www.diablocycle.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScooterZ

• hardrockminer
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
09 Jun 2020 05:21 #827642 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Parts Supplier List or Recommendations
I think it depends on what you want and whether you want OEM parts.

Partzilla sells only OEM parts. Yes, they are slow but that's because when you send them an order they have to get it from Kawasaki first. When they get it the send it to you. For what it's worth, they stopped shipping to Canada due to the covid crisis.

Z1 Enterprises sells both OEM parts and aftermarket. Generally they sell quality stuff but often are out of stock. Right now they are totally out of gaskets for Z1's.

Z1 Parts sells aftermarket stuff. Good shipping times and good quality.

Doremi sells Doremi aftermarket stuff. Very good quality and fast shipping but limited quantity.

Webike sells limited OEM stuff and a lot of aftermarket stuff. Good quality and great shipping. Despite being in Japan I once had an order in 4 days at my door in Canada.

Z Power is located in Britain and sells good quality stuff. I have used them but due to customs it takes longer to get stuff.

CMS is located in Europe. They are the European version of Partzilla. They often have parts that Partzilla lists as no longer available.

I've ordered from all of the above, depending on whether I want OEM parts or aftermarket.

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BCScott, ScooterZ

More
09 Jun 2020 08:06 - 09 Jun 2020 11:38 #827656 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Parts Supplier List or Recommendations
Partzilla sells some of their parts on EB which might be better than using their site. I think I ordered one or two parts from them that way without any problems. To search for other places with discount oem parts, maybe try searching for a particular part or two. Find an old part that's still available from the dealer, then search the part number on the internet. I did a quick search for an 1100 caliper shaft & piston seal and found AdeptPowerSports, but I don't know anything about the place & didn't investigate further.

Z1Enterprises.com is where I get most of my maintenance type stuff & I have gotten some oem there. Their pricing is as good or better than most places.

PartsNMore is another place I use occasionally. It's the only site I know of that sells the muffler system connection gaskets at a reasonable cost.

CycleTerminal has a good selection of electrical connectors, terminal pins & waterproof bullet terminal sets.
Z1Ent has some of the same stuff plus color wire.
Last edit: 09 Jun 2020 11:38 by martin_csr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grcko, ScooterZ

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
09 Jun 2020 10:36 #827680 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Parts Supplier List or Recommendations
Jim at Redline has been a good source for me in the past . New and Used
I think he is still kicking around
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn