Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1982 KZ750 LTD 4Cyl Starter Clutch Failing 17 May 2020 14:16 #825954

• Shmizzle89
  • Shmizzle89's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys, sorry if there is already another thread (I couldn't find one)
I have an 82 kz750H (11,500 miles) that I'm getting jetted. Upon further looking, I realized my starter clutch is going bad. I knew something was going bad but hadn't had a chance to look at it too much. It still starts and runs, however sometimes it takes 6-7 times to start it and makes a duck sound when trying to start. So i guess my 2 questions are:

1: Is a whole clutch needed or would the rebuild kit with the roller bearings, caps, and springs be what I need?
2: If its best to replace the whole starter clutch, I'm not sure where to find one. I've been searching for a couple days and haven't found one.

Of course ideally It would be better to just replace the whole thing with a new one, however that doesn't seem likely as I can't find it and cost is a slight issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1982 KZ750 LTD 4Cyl Starter Clutch Failing 17 May 2020 16:43 #825967

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2671
Yes, there is another thread on this...your other one. You cross posted. You have two posts at KZR now...and both are identical.

1982 KZ750 LTD 4Cyl Starter Clutch Failing 17 May 2020 17:03 #825970

• Shmizzle89
  • Shmizzle89's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Haha thanks, I didn't pay attention to it having to be approved before its posted.

• Page: