Vacuum hoses

More
02 May 2020 08:37 #824772 by Sappereod
Vacuum hoses was created by Sappereod
Alright so I’ve been working on a 1982 kz750 csr twin m1. My intentions are to turn it into a cafe racer style bike. I’m doin all the work myself minus the paint being that I’m not set up for that, so any tips and hints would be greatly appreciated. I know this site isn’t dedicated or have a lot of info on the twins but I have found it very useful.

The reason I’m writing is the vacuum lines on top of the engine I want gone for my build but I don’t want to have the hose running from one side to the other. I’d like to remove the snouts completely and put plates there instead. Problem is I can’t find any plates to put there at least commercially. Does anyone know where I can find the 2 plates I need. Again thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2020 10:19 #824786 by Sappereod
Replied by Sappereod on topic Vacuum hoses
Alright so I found a cam cover off a 79 will it fit and do the job?
Attachments:

More
02 May 2020 11:02 - 02 May 2020 16:27 #824789 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Vacuum hoses
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI was going to suggest maybe you can use an earlier valve cover, but then you'd need to plug the holes for the clean air system. I guess you'd have to tap some threads & use threaded plugs, but I don't know if you'd need to do anything else. steell used epoxy to block the holes, but I'm not sure what motorcycle it was.

EB search = KZ750 valve cover

1982 KZ750-M1 CSR cylinder head. you can see the holes in the first pic & later pics.
Last edit: 02 May 2020 16:27 by martin_csr.

More
02 May 2020 13:32 #824798 by Sappereod
I’ve seen you’ve given many responses and seem to be very knowledgeable on these bikes. I’m not too sure which holes need to be plugged if I change the cover I’ve attached a pic with my best guess.
Attachments:

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
02 May 2020 13:53 - 02 May 2020 14:03 #824801 by Scirocco
Replied by Scirocco on topic Vacuum hoses
Cut 3/8 or M10 thread into the ports and plug them with grub/set screws.
Last edit: 02 May 2020 14:03 by Scirocco.

More
02 May 2020 16:14 - 03 May 2020 08:40 #824805 by martin_csr
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationBy Sappereod: .... I’m not too sure which holes need to be plugged if I change the cover I’ve attached a pic with my best guess.

Yes, the holes circled with green. Notice in your valve cover (or EB pic #6) that the clean air system holes in the valve cover line up with the holes in the cylinder head. Linked below are stainless steel set screws, as suggested by Scirocco. The hardware store might have something. You'll need to tap some threads. I would stuff something in the holes to keep metal shavings from falling down into the holes.

Last edit: 03 May 2020 08:40 by martin_csr.

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
02 May 2020 16:25 #824806 by Scirocco
Replied by Scirocco on topic Vacuum hoses
Plugged ports on 4 cyl. engine head.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: martin_csr

More
02 May 2020 17:14 #824813 by Sappereod
Perfect...thank you

More
03 May 2020 08:52 - 03 May 2020 08:56 #824855 by martin_csr
There might be a simpler solution, assuming you don't have a tap or access to a machine shop. I'm not 100% sure of the passage routing & I don't know the I.D. of the holes, but you might be able to glue aluminum rods into the holes using a high temp rtv. this would be easier than cutting threads. steell just used an epoxy to seal the holes, so alum rods ought to work as well. FYI, steell is kind of an expert on the 750 Twins.
Last edit: 03 May 2020 08:56 by martin_csr.