• Page:

TOPIC:

82 KZ/GPz750 valve replacement choice 19 Feb 2020 00:52 #819559

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Aloha guys.

To make the long story short, I recently bought a head from Evilbay and found that all the valves need replacing, or at least need a grinding. It does have pretty good wear to it.

Anyway, I went online to see what kind of choice I have for replacement and all I got was the stock valves. I did find someone making order to made and price wasn't too bad, but before I commit myself to this, I just wanted to know what choice I have. Reason why I went with replacing is that I am still working on two bikes, and I want to run them soon as, reasonably, possible. Also, budget will be big factor as well but something important like valves, I will not go cheap as I don't want to take the head off for a while.

What do you guys recommend?
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

82 KZ/GPz750 valve replacement choice 19 Feb 2020 04:56 #819564

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2676
Can't go wrong with OEM Kawasaki. Lots of aftermarket valves that look like OEM so be careful what you are buying.

82 KZ/GPz750 valve replacement choice 19 Feb 2020 08:34 #819574

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
cheapest is to grind the OEM valve face and do a valve job. perfectly acceptable and works well. I would not replace a valve unless its out of spec.

Last edit: by DoctoRot.

82 KZ/GPz750 valve replacement choice 27 Feb 2020 23:34 #819996

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63

DoctoRot wrote: cheapest is to grind the OEM valve face and do a valve job. perfectly acceptable and works well. I would not replace a valve unless its out of spec.

Mine has pretty deep groove on valve where it meets the seat. I thought about grinding, but groove looks very deep. Reason why I'm looking to get some valves.

I'm looking at OEM, but just wanted to see if there were any other option. Guess OEM is the only way as I can't find any aftermarket other than those cheapo copies.

In any case, thanks for the input guys.
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

• Page: