1982 KZ750E oil cooler installation

More
22 Jan 2020 04:16 #817597 by mbcustom
1982 KZ750E oil cooler installation was created by mbcustom
Hello,
I have a 1982 Kz750e, I would like to mount an oil cooler, so I think I will bought a 1982 gpz750 oil sump.
I have read somewhere tahat this sump will fit exactly kz engine, in my understanding the only difference whit the original one is the presence of the oil pressure sensor.
After doing this kind of job, I will be able to fit an oil cooler.
But my question are:
1-gpz oil sump is really 100% compatible?
2-my kz, doesn't have oil pressure sensor wiring connections, so I will leave it only for close the hole in the sump; is it OK o I need to wire it?
3-is it possible to fit only the GPZ cooler or are ok also the most recent ZR cooler (bigger than gpz's)?(the lines connection on sump side seem the same but I'm not sure)
4-and the most important, installing the sump and oil cooler on a motorcycle thinked without they, can lead some problems? Like wrong oil pressure or others?
Also the chose of the cooler dimension can lead different problems at the engine if it is too big or too small?
I hope someone has already done a similar job and can help me.
Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2020 04:50 #817599 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic 1982 KZ750E oil cooler installation
I put a GPz750 cooler on my KZ750. Install a oil pan with the outlet ports and a GPz cooler. Done. Both bikes share the same oil pump and pressure relief valve so you can rest easy. The early KZ bikes use a mechanical tach drive so you are limited to how big the cooler can be or the tach cable will hit the cooler.

The photo below shows the type of oil pan to look for with the oil level sensor blanked off.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mbcustom

More
23 Jan 2020 11:55 #817684 by mbcustom
Replied by mbcustom on topic 1982 KZ750E oil cooler installation
I have found the one in the picture, is it OK?
I think yes, but I have seen that there are also different models.
Is it same of the one fit on your bike?
Attachments:

More
23 Jan 2020 14:07 #817693 by Nessism