• Page:

TOPIC:

MKII crank ,chain and sprokeys 09 Jan 2020 19:13 #816795

• Sayonara
  • Sayonara's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • The faster the better
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello I have an MKII bloom engine and I am planning to build it I am using a normal Kz head no smog hole as I used that head with for another bike, so I am been told that the crankshaft pin, the chain links and the cam sprockets are different from the old kz.
so the question is how many pins the crank hafoe MKII has and how many links the chain shuold have to use the bigger sprocket I also have the normal ones but I know if I mend it up will bend the valves.
How should I go about it?
I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sayonara.

MKII crank ,chain and sprokeys 10 Jan 2020 00:33 #816802

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1459
The MK2 crank has 16 teeth so you need the matching MK2 32 tooth cam sprockets and a 124 link cam chain.
Early crank has 15 teeth, 30 tooth cam sprockets and 122 link cam chain.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sayonara

Last edit: by zed1015.

MKII crank ,chain and sprokeys 15 Jan 2020 15:44 #817160

• Sayonara
  • User
  • The faster the better
MI Crankshaft has 15 tooth but the magnet is not like the early model it is the one with the magnet and the alternator goes inside the magnet,
I just counted 15 tooth in the crank and 122 links in the chain.
Does the early crank can fit the MKII alternator?
I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Sayonara.

MKII crank ,chain and sprokeys 16 Jan 2020 01:43 #817176

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1459
Hi. You have a fairly uncommon crank that used the early 15t crank with a later larger taper and dished alternator rotor.
The early rotor will not fit as it has a smaller diameter taper..
The crank is from a crossover LTD model from around 1980 and came In an engine that used the MK2 type square cam cover.
I think they were maybe using up surplus stock from the parts bin.
An external sign of a Mk2 rotor is the finned alt cover with the name Kawasaki in the center.
All small rotor covers are smooth with DOHC on them.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: by zed1015.

MKII crank ,chain and sprokeys 20 Jan 2020 15:53 #817502

• Sayonara
  • User
  • The faster the better
Thanks for clarifying this as it did not make much sense to what everybody said about it, it came in a 1979 KZ LTD, I used that head of a KZ engine with the same sprockets and worked fine.
When I found out about the differences I got really confused as the crank in the 900 was 15 pin. I am glad II did not used the 32 pin cam sprocket on it.
Really appreciate your help

• Page: