Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1978 KZ400 Top End Rebuild Questions 28 Nov 2019 12:55 #814687

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2680
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Elsebu wrote: Sorry this might be a bit of topic but where do you guys get new valves for kz440? I am having trouble with finding exhaust valves..

Try ebay. There are some for $20 each.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Nessism.

1978 KZ400 Top End Rebuild Questions 29 Nov 2019 07:54 #814700

• JoshMcMadMac
  • JoshMcMadMac's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ya'll are awesome, thanks for all the input. I have the motorcycle back from the mechanic, he went a bit unhinged and decided he couldn't work with me. :dry:

So, I have it back and will do some poking around with it when I get the time...which is probably not soon, and the reason I farmed it out to the guy in the first place.
The motorcycle ran fine until the end of last season. I had not ridden it a ton, it's a cafe racer I had picked up just to have something fun to ride and I have way too many projects to be building anything myself right now. I took it out for a ride about a year ago and it was lacking power. Honestly at first I thought the front caliper was hung up because the engine still felt healthy. I barely got out of the neighborhood and turned around since it just would not get out of it's own way at that point. It sat until I finally got around to finding someone to look at it for me (again, too many irons in the fire). It needs other maintenance work anyway, so I figured it would be good to have someone to do all of it at once and just suck up paying for labor to do stuff I have zero time to do. Now it's back in my garage and back where I started :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: