Zephyr oil cooler

• Ojisan rider
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
03 Nov 2019 01:53 #813473 by Ojisan rider
Zephyr oil cooler was created by Ojisan rider
Hello guys.

My question is, I now Zephyr oil cooler will fit on our bike, but how's about the oil line? My motor came with oil cooler, but I wanted to upgrade it to something little bigger. Does the line just bolt on if your motor came with the oil cooler? Or does it need some kind of mod to the fitting?

I'm not sure at this point that I'm gonna use the Zephyr cooler or some aftermarket like Earl's, but I know I'll go bigger than stock. I may even replace the oil pump at some point, but for now, I'm more worry about the line.

My motor is almost ready and only thing stopping me right is the oil cooler line.....................

82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hugo
  • Sustaining Member
  • '92 Zephyr 750
More
03 Nov 2019 01:23 - 03 Nov 2019 02:23 #813474 by hugo
Replied by hugo on topic Zephyr oil cooler
I don't know what 'our bike' is. I presume is a air cooled 750-4. But the Zephyr oil cooler lines connect to the oil pan front, which have a flange sticking out for the two lines, on front right. The oil pan is same as the GPZ 750, and probably the KZ 750 E, and of course, the latest ZR-7.

The oil cooler itself simply have some threaded male fittings at the bottom, 15 mm apparently from what I can determine. The line nuts take 19 mm wrench, but have never disconnected it except at the oil pan.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2019 02:23 by hugo.

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Nov 2019 05:19 #813520 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Zephyr oil cooler
The 750R1 and Zephyr use the same oil pump. The pan looks similar except the R1 uses an oil level sensor or something to this effect. I suspect the Zephyr lines will bolt right up to your oil pan but not sure about clearance to the exhaust pipes.

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
06 Nov 2019 17:30 #813654 by Nessism

• Ojisan rider
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
11 Nov 2019 23:51 #813881 by Ojisan rider
Replied by Ojisan rider on topic Zephyr oil cooler
Thanks guys. Been bit busy lately and haven't had much time visiting here.

Sorry, I completely forgot to add my bike. As Nessism said, it's 750-R1, or rather mix of other 750 model as well.

Anyway, once again, thanks for the info guys. I now can look for that oil cooler.

82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.