Sprokets

• Sayonara
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • The faster the better
More
01 Mar 2019 07:33 #799458 by Sayonara
Sprokets was created by Sayonara
Hello I am running this 1979 big block (over1400cc) I did put extra disc kit from ape and its holding it pulls like a train but its Spining the tires in almost every gear if I push it .
So my brother is telling me I should put the sprocket combination so it gets longer but it has already 15 tooth in the front and 37 in the back.
any suggestions.

I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2019 08:15 #799461 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Sprokets
What rear tire are you using and how old is it? Maybe try one with a stickier compound? Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
01 Mar 2019 08:24 #799462 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Sprokets

Sayonara wrote: Hello I am running this 1979 big block (over1400cc) I did put extra disc kit from ape and its holding it pulls like a train but its Spining the tires in almost every gear if I push it .
So my brother is telling me I should put the sprocket combination so it gets longer but it has already 15 tooth in the front and 37 in the back.
any suggestions.

That combination would be a blast on my bike but it would be spinning like a little bike at FWY speeds. I'm running 16/35 sprockets on mine. At around 4/4500 at 70 and lost a bit on takeoff. 1st and 2nd are longer as well as the rest so I don't have to drop down as much to pass slow pokes.
Steve

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Away
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
01 Mar 2019 08:50 #799464 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Sprokets
Trial and error Bud.
I run 15 / 33 or 16 / 33 with my turbo
The ideal situation is gearing to hook up without spin or just a little spin to use all your potential power.
Then loads of variables based on use.
Weight of bike and driver combination ,
Traction available based on track conditions ( Heat, asphalt / or concrete. ) Track prep , amount of rubber on launch pad , ect ...
Condition of rear tire, Amount of air pressure, Slick or tread and tire compound
And all these things change day to day Good Luck

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn