• Page:

TOPIC:

Casing damage 08 Jan 2019 11:53 #796411

• Sayonara
  • Sayonara's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • The faster the better
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello I have been out abroad until today so I am glad that did not do nothing yet,,. I know that the right thing to do right now would be disassemble the whole engine and have the casing repaired by a machine sghop but this option it really out my budget and out my mechanical skills.
So that leaves 2 options either I use aluminum brazing or I use JB weld. I mean it was working fine until I exert it was leaking a little bit, I thought that brazing was maybe weld the casing with the cylinder liner. but this is not my area of expertise.
It had a patch of something and what I posted in the pics was only metal the aluminum of the casing and cylinder jugs.
the engine runs strong thats a bike that I use sometimes to go to work and to go out on Sundays, I have will put an standard engine on that bike as that big Blok engine on that bike its to much any ways and that engine is going to be fitted in another modified bike that can handle that kind of power. that a 150 mph bike and when it reaches 130 seems like its going to start falling apart I mean the sensation its crazy its a solid bike but not designed for that kind of power.
I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Casing damage 21 Jan 2019 20:45 #797258

• Sayonara
  • User
  • The faster the better
I have purchased this product in the bodyshop is a powder and an activator looks like grinded metal and crazy glue, put the bike side on the ground and then cleaned the part and torched it, the applied the powder and the canalized was dry in seconds next day run the engine and seems to be working ok.
all your opinions help me to achieve this.
Thanks
I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.

Casing damage 10 Feb 2019 07:40 #798430

• Sayonara
  • User
  • The faster the better
The powder Glue did not work Jb Weld did not work. I am going to try some aeronautical epoxy but if it does not work I will have to consider to really repair the casing disassembled.

• Page: