• Sayonara
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • The faster the better
More
30 Sep 2018 12:26 #791622 by Sayonara
Year fitting. was created by Sayonara
Hello
I just purchased an 1982 KZ100 J engine for a new build of a 1978 I am planning to do, It on the way here but I was wondering if you guys now if it will fit straight away, it looks like the same engine as my 79 LTD.

I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
More
30 Sep 2018 13:47 #791625 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Year fitting.
It is not the same engine. Kawasaki made the KZ1000 engine (actually 1015 cc) from 1977 to 1980. In 1981 they began making the J engine, which is 998 cc. That said, I think the mounts are the same but I may be incorrect on that point.

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sayonara

• Sayonara
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • The faster the better
More
08 Oct 2018 16:27 #792049 by Sayonara
Replied by Sayonara on topic Year fitting.
Thanks for the reply it happens to be a different engine completely, the kz has to holes in the back for fitting in the frame and the j model only one, I ended buying the whole bike of the guy, its a rare bike .

I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.