Starter Z 200 1980

More
01 Jun 2018 02:15 #784444 by CG
Starter Z 200 1980 was created by CG
My starter works not. It sounds like an electrical engine The start rim is not operated when the start button is pressed
I have recently bought this motorcycle so what earlier owner have done I am not knowledge of
Picked apart, the starter engine is running properly, the engine's rotor goes counterclockwise, but the frikrans pulls slightly counterclockwise, but clockwise it's fixed, so I'd like it to be crossed. The rotor has no cut-out socket it has crankshaft. You can also not turn the freewheel as the 3 fastening screws will take against the starting drive. Can someone help me. Switching to another starter engine same as it turned out to be the one who missed the two planet-driven then went high very sluggish. It was not possible to climb too sluggishly, so someone has taken here before and then just used the kick and picked it the two planet-driven in the starter so can anyone give tips I'm grateful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2018 16:54 #784483 by VTEC
Replied by VTEC on topic Starter Z 200 1980
Not quite sure what you mean? But looking at the KZ250 parts you got a chain driven starter clutch. Have you pulled the cover and inspected chain and gears? Next is the starter clutch.

KZ1000-K2
ZRX1100
XR400R

More
02 Jun 2018 14:34 #784526 by CG
Replied by CG on topic Starter Z 200 1980
As you can read I have taken the spareparts away. I can find that the freewheel goes what I find wrong It has easy to move counterclockwise and hard clockwise
It should be reverse as now the starter moves as an elecrtric engine not driving the engine to start. So what is wrong has earlier owner change spareparts.
Shall it have the rotor a cut -out cocket "krysskil in swedish as the crankshaft has. Thabfull for helping answer I newly bought the bike and the electric starter does not work but the kick is okey.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
02 Jun 2018 16:26 #784527 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Starter Z 200 1980
Pics? Maybe if you post in your own language I can use translate to better understand what you are saying.
Steve

More
03 Jun 2018 01:23 #784540 by CG
Okey!
Jag skriver här till dig SWest på mitt eget modersmål svenska.
Har en Z 200 som ej går på starten. Finns kick också den funkar.

Köpte mc:n så vet ej vad som gjorts tidigare av dess ägare. När man trycker på startknappen så hördes bara motorn lät som en vanlig elmotor. Den grep aldrig tag i starten i motorn.
Tog den starten och det visade sig efter denna att 2 planetdrev som skall sitta mot drivande axeln dvs lilla startdrevet som i sin tur driver det stora kedjehjulet innanför rotorn.

Fick fatt i en beg. Start från England men det gav samma resultat efter montering + att kicken nu ej gick att använda det gick för trögt.

Monterade av motorkåpa stator rotor o startkoppling. Såg en liten smula av krysskil på vevaxeln Fanns inget motsvarande uttag på rotorn.
Frikransen sitter på rotorn med 3 insexskruv försänkta. Vevaxeln driver moturs och samma med startmotorn. Har provat startmotorn separat o den funkar riktigt.

Frikransen går hur lätt som helst moturs men är fast medurs. Tycker det borde vara tvärsom. Man kan ej sätta frikransen fel p.g.a de försänkta hålen för skruven.
Startmotorn driver via litet drev via kedja det stora drevet på frikransen. Tycker ändå det är konstigt med frikransen o kryssaxel finns ej spår i rotorn.
Frågan är ju också om delar bytts ut.
Kan du hjälpa mig SWestär jag mycket tacksam finns inte många man kan fråga ersätter dig givetvis.
Jag har bilder men vet ej hur jag får in dom här i detta forum.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Jun 2018 05:43 #784542 by SWest
I am writing to you SWest in my native language Swedish.
Has a Z 200 that does not go at the start. It's also good, it works.

Bought the mc so do not know what was done earlier by its owner. When you press the start button, only the engine sounded like a regular electric motor. It never took hold at the start of the engine.
Took the start and it turned out that 2 planetary drives to sit against the driving axle, ie the small start drive which in turn drives the large sprocket inside the rotor.

Got a bed. Start from England but it gave the same result after assembly + that the kick could not be used too slowly.

Mounted by motor hood stator rotor o starting switch. Saw a small crumb of crankshaft on crankshaft There was no corresponding socket on rotor.
Frikrans is located on the rotor with 3 hexagonal screws recessed. The crank shaft drives counterclockwise with the starter motor. Have tested the starter engine separately o it works properly.

The Frikrans goes as easily as possible counterclockwise but is fixed clockwise. Seems it should be cross-sectional. You can not put the freezer wrong due to the recessed holes for the screw.
The starter engine drives the large drive on the freewheel via a small drive via chain. Nevertheless, it seems strange with the freezer and cross shaft, there is no trace in the rotor.
The question is also whether parts have been replaced.
Can you help me? I'm very grateful, not many people can ask you to replace.
I have pictures but do not know how to get in here in this forum.

Sounds like the clutch is working and the starter motor. Question is do they under load? Does the motor spin or does the clutch just slip?
Steve

More
03 Jun 2018 06:53 #784546 by CG
Hej igen!
Startmotorn går låter som en el-motor Den driver ej på motor för det går ju lått moturs på frikransen bakom rotorn åt andra hållet merdurs går den tungt.
Förefaller för mig som det skall vara tvärtom. Jag kan använda kicken kickstarten men ej efter jag satte dit de två planetdreven i starten .
Nu är allt isärmonterat. Fanns som sagt inget uttag för krysskil på rotorn men däremot på vevaxeln.
Starten drar inte på motorn det låter bara som en elmotor utan motstånd

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Jun 2018 07:52 #784550 by SWest
Hello again!
The starter motor runs like an electric motor. It does not operate on the engine because it is turned counterclockwise behind the rotor in the other direction.
Seems to me to be the opposite. I can use the high kick start but not after I put the two planetary drivers at the start.
Now everything is disassembled. As mentioned, there was no cut-out for the rotor, but on the crankshaft.
The starter does not turn on the engine, it only sounds like an electric motor without resistance

If it is chain driven then it would turn in reverse. As long as the motor doesn't drag then it is the clutch. Most have a roller and ramp style that depends on the spring tension to jam the roller against the flywheel race thus turning it.Weak springs or a roller with a flat spot could cause it to slip.
Pics are easy once you figure it out the first time. Click attachments, scroll down to add files, pick the location of your pic (IE pictures, downloads, etc) under the pic click insert.
Pics help see what you are dealing with and sometimes we'll see something you missed.
Good luck
Steve

More
03 Jun 2018 10:13 #784562 by VTEC
Replied by VTEC on topic Starter Z 200 1980
It sounds like he's describing the one-way clutch spinning in both directions, and the symptom is the starter motor freewheeling and not turning the crank. I think?

KZ1000-K2
ZRX1100
XR400R

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Jun 2018 12:01 #784568 by SWest

More
04 Jun 2018 08:27 #784613 by CG
SWest skickar här bilder till dig.

More
04 Jun 2018 08:31 #784614 by CG
Skickar här bilder.