Shim exchange Uk midlands area

More
28 Sep 2017 08:26 #771931 by Pipes66
Shim exchange Uk midlands area was created by Pipes66
Hi,
Is there anybody in the U.K. Midlands area willing to exchange 29mm shims with me. I still haven't got my cams back,probably get them on Tuesday and the problem is I'm racing the Friday after.
Fingers crossed

1983 kz750 F1 Ltd Shaft US model

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2017 09:32 #771932 by kevski
Replied by kevski on topic Shim exchange Uk midlands area
If you are a paid up member of the Z1 owners club UK jerry the president of the club does a shim swap service. work out what you need send your request he pops them in the post you post your old ones back.

More
28 Sep 2017 11:40 #771937 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Shim exchange Uk midlands area
As above.
Being in the UK you would be better off at least joining the Z1 owners club forum and if you actually join the club you will qualify for a FREE shim swap service and club discounts from various suppliers although your current time limit for the shims is probably too short notice .
There are also plenty of members who race and are in a better position to help with spares etc in the UK.
We will also be at Stafford show on OCT 13/14/15 with the club display stand ( I'll be there with 2 of my modified bikes).
I do have a large selection of shims myself but I don't loan them out although i would shim your motor if it were brought to me but i see you are around 120 miles away..
Chances are that if you did a shim swap by post you may find one or two need further swapping to thinner shims due to anomalies with readings taken with the wear on the shims that are already fitted.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

• Tyrell Corp
  • User
  • "You were made as well as we could make you"
More
29 Sep 2017 06:44 #771970 by Tyrell Corp
Replied by Tyrell Corp on topic Shim exchange Uk midlands area
Ideally get a bunch of skinny shims and find your gap clearance first, then you have a better idea what to order.

Problem with exchanging shims is that nowadays, on stock high milers most want the thin or mid sizes and the fatties just get left on the shelf.

I have about 100 of the smaller shim under bucket for the 550/750's , but I have only 10 shim under buckets from a gpz11 B if you want to borrow them for a few weeks? (Stoke on Trent)

1980 Gpz550 D1, 1981 GPz550 D1. 1982 GPz750R1. 1983 z1000R R2. all four aces

More
29 Sep 2017 07:02 #771972 by kevski
Replied by kevski on topic Shim exchange Uk midlands area
I will be honest and to the point here, if i were racing one of these i would have bought a box of shims, always available from the states, i know many won't get used and a good couple of hundred £s, but it avoids beg steal or borrowing and waiting for the postman every time you need a shim swap.

More
14 Oct 2017 10:06 #772930 by Pipes66
Replied by Pipes66 on topic Shim exchange Uk midlands area
Already a paid up member of z1 owners, Jerry sorted me out. Thanks for replies

1983 kz750 F1 Ltd Shaft US model

More
15 Oct 2017 16:09 #773009 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Shim exchange Uk midlands area

Pipes66 wrote: Already a paid up member of z1 owners, Jerry sorted me out. Thanks for replies

Have you just joined or been there a while.
What is your Forum name there ?

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-