Kz400 ltd no spark 1 cylinder

• Mholtkz400ltd
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Aug 2017 03:09 #768098 by Mholtkz400ltd
Kz400 ltd no spark 1 cylinder was created by Mholtkz400ltd
Hey guys quick ignition coil question.

I was back at it again last night for a few minutes and when I fired her up she was a little.out of wack. Moved the gas tank to get to it better and fired her up and notices the nut on the carb sync screw was loose so I figured she was just out of wack. So after trying fr a few minutes by ear (horrible idea) I plugged in the motion pro carb sync tool I got. Well after I got it "calibrated" I plugged in both cylinder and only 1 carb was pulling a vacuum? I tried with everything got no where. Pulled the plug and changer it with one I had and plugged it in not connected. I didn't see any spark we trying to fire it up. Now this is just some thing I learned from a friend working on 2 stroke 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. Not sure if it would work on a motorcycle but i tried and saw no spark. I did read the stock ignition coils are garbage and ordered some new ones. Could this be my easy fix? I'll have new carb boots, an airbox, and various other thing's coming thing this weekend. (Unfortunately the airbox has no filter element so I'll be cobbing one up and doing a write up on it)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2017 05:35 #768103 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Kz400 ltd no spark 1 cylinder
Stock ignition coils are garbage? :blink: Where did you read that? Mine have been working perfectly for 40+ years. Maybe someone damaged yours? Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• Mholtkz400ltd
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Aug 2017 06:10 #768107 by Mholtkz400ltd
Replied by Mholtkz400ltd on topic Kz400 ltd no spark 1 cylinder
Ed,

Just something I read from a couple different forums. And after 38 years they need an upgrade anyways so some are on the way. It's possible they could be damaged or just not working properly. I have my work cut out for me I know that much.