Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

79 kz750b no spark 24 Jul 2017 12:24 #767617

• CarWeeb
  • CarWeeb's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, new here, I saved a 750 twin out of the impound lot, previously stolen, really decent shape, in my hands cheap and titled, one problem though, no spark. Since it was stolen the ignition switch and kill switch are gone, I have them ordered, but no problem because the electronics are extremely simple and I hot wired it, 12v straight to the yellow ignition coil wire. I took the points cover off and found the condenser was bad, I just picked up a random one up from oreilly's assuming it would at least be enough to get a spark across the points, it may be my problem, but I doubt it, I have a stock one coming. Next I checked the blue wire from the ignition coil to ground, it has continuity with the points closed, open with the points open. I checked the ignition coil primary resistance, 4ohms between the blue and yellow wires, the coil is one of my suspects, but I haven't seen anything outright wrong. I jumped the starter and I cant get any spark across the points whatsoever. It has 12v, the points aren't grounded, and it has a new condenser, how could I possibly not have spark at the points?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: