shift rod diffuiculties Z1R

• mrdatsunturbo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • mrturbo Norway
More
14 May 2017 04:25 #761908 by mrdatsunturbo
shift rod diffuiculties Z1R was created by mrdatsunturbo
started to complete my Z1R turbo engine and i saw this when engine cases were together. Of course.
When i took it apart, i lifted transmission out and left the gear change drum assy and shift rod assy left in the engine cases.
Looked over it and thoughted it looked OK. But when i tried to do first to neutral it felt a little bit strange? And then i saw the shift rod is missing the circlip and too far inside engine.,
So my question it should be possible to pull the shift rod holding this two forks out of the engine? Because when i try this it is stuck on the backside of clutch basket assy.easy to spin and also free to slide in .
Have search about this and also looked at all manuals but not shure what happend here.
So my best bet will be to pull cases apart againg? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mrdatsunturbo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • mrturbo Norway
More
14 May 2017 21:59 #761964 by mrdatsunturbo
Replied by mrdatsunturbo on topic shift rod diffuiculties Z1R
Did a new search on shifter shaft and a lot of information, will be back with what happen here. :)

• mrdatsunturbo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • mrturbo Norway
More
15 May 2017 00:26 #761967 by mrdatsunturbo
Replied by mrdatsunturbo on topic shift rod diffuiculties Z1R
did a new try to get shift shaft rod out without luck. Took the engine apart and removed clutch basket assy out.
knocked shift shaft rod out on clutch side, no problem.
There is some small mark on the rod shaft but looks good and forks and pin is inside service limit .
Need some more parts. :)