Andrews 2x with my setup, opinions?

More
18 Apr 2017 11:39 #759512 by MadShad
Andrews 2x with my setup, opinions? was created by MadShad
Hello KZ collective, My setup is a 76 bottom end with 1015 block, running weisco 1075 kit. 29mm smoothies and running 4 into 1 delkevic header with their megaphone muffler.

I'm having a head done as we speak (no porting) and the builder has a set of andrews 2x cams that he can use.
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to cam choices.
My question is will the 2x cams still be ok for general street riding?
I don't race, I do wind it up here and there and I'm not opposed to little more power, just wondering where it will cost me.

Thanks!

Shelbyville, Indiana. '80 KZ1000
No more of that talk or I'll put the leeches on you, understand?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
18 Apr 2017 11:51 #759515 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Andrews 2x with my setup, opinions?
Great Cam, I gave a set away for $100 few yrs. ago! Wish I never did. That's a great bolt in cam for stock 903 - 1015. But it will enhance your 1075 set up and be very streetable. Bolt in and set just like stock cams. No worry of spitting shims. You can even use stock valve springs.
It will pull like crazy at higher RPM's especially using the 29's. Don't pay more than $250. They sell for that on ebay when they appear. A member on here had some buy it now's on ebay few weeks ago for $200. Just make sure all the lobes are close within a .001-.002 of each other.
Good luck, hang on to them handle bars if your not used to more than a stock engine! And if your only a local rider, no trips or highways. Put a 14 tooth countershaft sprocket on. And that will really light it up!

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

The following user(s) said Thank You: MadShad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.