gpz900 engine doesn't sound right... with video

More
28 Mar 2017 19:47 #757987 by 2005jetta
Hey everyone. My roommate picked up a bike last weekend and we just got it running. it runs great but it makes a loud mechanical noise. I'm not sure what it is but I think it might be the timing chain. I am hoping that one of you might be able to tell me what I am hearing. I have included a video with this post. Please tell me what you think. Thank you in advance.
Attachments:

20170325_1..._s01.avi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
28 Mar 2017 20:05 #757991 by SWest

More
04 Apr 2017 15:44 #758499 by 2005jetta
Replied by 2005jetta on topic gpz900 engine doesn't sound right... with video
Thanks for the quick reply and sorry about the delayed response. We are attempting to sync the carburetors right now however I'm running into a problem. I understand that there is for vacuum lines that run to the sync gauge however the port on the number two carburetor is vacuum for the gas tank. Is that where I hook up the line for the number two carburetor? I was thinking that that would kill vacuum to the gas tank and fuel would not flow while syncing the carbs. I was able to hook up 3 to the gauges but they are jumping around erratically when making adjustments. There is only 3 adjustment screws while syncing, correct? They are the screws between each set of carbs? Any ideas? Thank you in advance./center]

More
06 Apr 2017 13:26 #758638 by TheForumTroll
Replied by TheForumTroll on topic gpz900 engine doesn't sound right... with video
When you pull the fuel vacuum line just set the petcock on PRIME and it will let fuel through.

-[ KZ700-A1 '84 ]-