1983 Gpz 27k Starts but No Power!!

More
31 Oct 2016 18:48 #746775 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic 1983 Gpz 27k Starts but No Power!!

kosh3rhalal wrote: oh! Dang, ill have to take the carbs off tonight and check them out... I dont recall if they had them or not, you think thats the reason im lean in 3 cylinders? thanks for pointing that out

No, but it could be why #1 is rich.

I edited my post above with the full part numbers involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kosh3rhalal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2016 12:16 #746974 by kosh3rhalal
Replied by kosh3rhalal on topic 1983 Gpz 27k Starts but No Power!!
hey guys,
did some more troubleshooting last night:

Started the bike up and she was smoking alot until she warmed up [white smoke] and I was not able to close the choke without her dying. There was a spike in rpms when the bike started around 3k and then it would return to a normal idle.. the throttle was not responsive and she bogged down when i twisted the throttle.[ I did mess with the idle screw and maybe that messed things up?] after a few adjustments i couldnt start the bike and decided to take the carbs off

carb #1 did have the emissions cap missing!! Good call riturbo and loudhvx.. that would explain cylinder 1 running rich.

I checked the diaphrams and they look almost brand new (see pics)..

Carbs are very clean otherwise but i noticed that when i removed them, gas in the floats would only drain when i turned the carbs upside down.. Is that a symptom of bad floats?

I also did the clear tube test with the petcock.. gas was flowing unrestricted and i also tested on the pri setting and gas would flow even without a vaccum ?? I already ordered the rebuild kit

also for the reed valve ports, should i plug them.too? or get a small filter for them..

also my headers are not sealed perfectly and im getting exaust leaks.. will that affect performance drastically? Im running the mac 4 to 1 headers and exaust

Thanks everyone for the help! everytime i jump on this bike i love it more and more.. even when its not dialed in!!
Attachments:

More
02 Nov 2016 12:50 #746979 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic 1983 Gpz 27k Starts but No Power!!
The big 1/2" ports on the valve cover need to be plugged, or you can just connect them to each other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kosh3rhalal

More
02 Nov 2016 17:29 #747015 by dvnsta
Replied by dvnsta on topic 1983 Gpz 27k Starts but No Power!!
You can get blank cover's for them as well(reed valve). Have found them on ebay and other places online. Or just run hose between them easiest fix.

1982 KZ 750 LTD H3 stock except with custom seat skin and kawasaki period backrest.
Kawasaki 1989 eliminator 250 b3