Finally Pics from Painfull Lessons of Camshaft Guy

• keconomos@sbcglobal.net
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Jul 2016 14:28 - 11 Jul 2016 08:13 #734470 by keconomos@sbcglobal.net
Finally Pics from Painfull Lessons of Camshaft Guy was created by keconomos@sbcglobal.net

Attachment 2005-kz1000p-front.jpg not found

Attachment 2005-Kz1000p-side-2.jpg not found

I had a lot of advice and moral support through the process un-screwing up my stripped cam-tower bolt-holes in the head - and camshaft alignment reassurance, and the cabe-tie trick on the shim adjustment. Many thanks.

So my 2005 KZ1000P-24 Police is running very well and I've been having a ball riding - although I've gotta say that I am still getting used to riding a bike that weighs 600 lbs. The hardest part is getting it back into my garage.

Without further adieu- I have attached a side view and an angled front view of my motorcycle.

I just removed the Whelen Red and Blue pursuit lights from the round front sockets and the two side rectangular sockets on the cowling. I have lenses simialr in style to the headlight coming for the rounds and I will close up the side rectangles when I have the cowling painted. I will then add the standard small rectangular reflectors on the sides, the decals and new black and silver edge trim.

I ordered replacement locks with keys for only $12.50 each for the saddle boxes from Franzel lock in NJ -that was a lucky find. I was able to find a lock and key to replace the missing one on the motorola box behind the seat.

The crash bar in front is messed up as are the chrome protectors on the rear boxes- I do not know what to do about them - they are too costly to replace with factory- any suggestions (short of laying out the big bucks?)

I am also wrestling with a few scratches on the tank and on the side covers. The side covers I could probably get a way with just ordering new decals and laying them after I 've done some bondo magic. The tank would require removal, prep, paint decals - the works.

Or- I could just ride the darn thing, think about how nicely it rides and how much money I saved. This model does not bring in the bg bucks on resale.

Kirk
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 08:13 by keconomos@sbcglobal.net.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2016 16:35 #734483 by TexasKZ
Looking good. Glad you are getting to ride it. You could contact a plating company about getting the crash bars cleaned up an replated.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.