Oil change

More
18 Jun 2016 13:22 #731883 by 2_Scott
Oil change was created by 2_Scott
Hi,
I have an '81 KZ550 and I changed the oil and filter. Now, the "Oil" light on my tach won't go off. I think I properly accounted for the extra oil due to the filter change using just under 4 quarts.

Does anyone have any experience with this? The bike seems to be running well and all the oil gets sucks up out of the viewing window when it is running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
18 Jun 2016 14:14 #731890 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Oil change
What kind of oil ???

What weight ??

Have you gotten the bike warmed up and ridden it ?

Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
18 Jun 2016 17:26 - 18 Jun 2016 17:28 #731916 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Oil change
Have an Ohm meter?

Ohm to ground at the point where the oil sensor wire attaches to the oil pressure sending unit. I think it should read "open" to ground when pressure is up and short when pressure is too low.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 18 Jun 2016 17:28 by bountyhunter.

More
18 Jun 2016 17:26 #731917 by missionkz
Replied by missionkz on topic Oil change

2_Scott wrote: Hi,
I have an '81 KZ550 and I changed the oil and filter. Now, the "Oil" light on my tach won't go off. I think I properly accounted for the extra oil due to the filter change using just under 4 quarts.

Does anyone have any experience with this? The bike seems to be running well and all the oil gets sucks up out of the viewing window when it is running.

Make sure you didn't just knock the lead wire and or clip off the oil pressure, sending switch.

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado