Accidentally used 10w-30 Mobil 1 synthetic...

More
19 Jun 2016 00:34 - 19 Jun 2016 00:35 #731956 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Accidentally used 10w-30 Mobil 1 synthetic...

Zaddict wrote: Meh, looks like I spoke too soon - doublechecked the label and it didn't say "energy conserving" but it did say "resource conserving", which apparently is the new and improved energy conserving.
I'll replace the oil and put the 10W-30 in my Land Cruiser. No big deal, I think.
I did take the bike out for a quick ride and didn't notice any difference; other than the fact that it's running great after putting in new jets. Will be installing a Kerker exhaust next weekend =)

If you stand on it hard in a low gear winding it up and hear the RPM's going higher than they should for the speed....... you'll know the clutch is coated. Hopefully it will be OK.

Meh, looks like I spoke too soon - doublechecked the label and it didn't say "energy conserving" but it did say "resource conserving", which apparently is the new and improved energy conserving.

Good to know, I hadn't heard that.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 19 Jun 2016 00:35 by bountyhunter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2016 04:40 #731965 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Accidentally used 10w-30 Mobil 1 synthetic...
Shell Rotella 5W-40 is excellent oil for motorcycles (I assume you like synthetic). It's much cheaper than oil labeled "motorcycle" on the bottle too. Rotella has a rebate offer right now so you may want to cash in on that as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.