Engine test...

More
16 Apr 2016 08:35 #721207 by Rockranch
Engine test... was created by Rockranch
Refreshed carbs mounted to test a MkII engine that I had shipped to me last Fall from back east, Mounted to bare rolling chassis w/necessary electricals, new battery, plugs, oil & filter, new Dyna fresh out of box and meter-set to within 1/16" of F-mark. Newly installed backup starter working good with disconnected plug wires to circulate oil through motor for about a half minute or so. Wires reconnected...fuel on...all looks good so here we go lol and see what happens! A cpl spits n sputters while tickling the choke (to be expected for a motor that hasn't been started since b4 being shipped)...half-choke fine, good throttle revs, no pops or backfires...no smoke. Good throttle response, advancer advancing properly and idling on it's own in less than a minute. All-in-all I'd say quite pleased with this one so far considering. Not too shabby for a MKII motor out of shipping crate, added starter, new Dyna ign out of box and preset with old Suntune meter, refreshed set of bench-set carbs, aux fuel tank...immediate start response and smoothly idling on it's own within a minute. Quite happy! I love it when a plan comes together. ........................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!!!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2016 08:51 #721209 by pete greek1
Replied by pete greek1 on topic Engine test...
COOOOL, B) , Ya gotta luv it
Pete

1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.