Dyno numbers

More
28 Nov 2015 17:40 #701005 by dberg
Dyno numbers was created by dberg
Do any of you guys have dyno numbers for your builds.
It would be interesting to see some if you don't mind posting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2015 18:42 #701008 by DFIGPZ
Replied by DFIGPZ on topic Dyno numbers
you have to take dyno numbers with a grain of salt the dyno i use takes a good strong motor to make 90 RWHP example 1075, 420 cams, 36mm flat slides, 37.5 , 31 valves ported V/H pipe strong street motor made 89 RWHP on dyno I use and run mid to low 10s right off the street. Motor in my signature on same Dyno made 106 RWHP.

1984 750 Turbo

More
28 Nov 2015 19:11 #701010 by dberg
Replied by dberg on topic Dyno numbers
I've been riding a Harley for the last 4 years and that is how mine was tuned. Just wondered if anybody played with it on these old bikes

More
28 Nov 2015 19:18 - 28 Nov 2015 19:19 #701011 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic Dyno numbers
A dynamometer can be a useful tuning tool, but trying to compare numbers from around the whole of Kzdom will be an exercise in frustration. You could take your bike to a shop for a dyno run this week, the next week drve across town to another shop and get a reading 10% different from the first. There are a host of variables involved including different types of dynamometers, different correction software, differently skilled operators, and even different weather conditions.
If you want to try a couple of different exhaust systems to see which makes better power, an afternoon at the dyno shop can be helpful. Same bike, same equipment, same operator, and same weather. The actual numbers are not as important as seeing which pipe makes the power band you are interested in.
A group of ZRX owners arranged with a local shop to have each of their bikes run on the same day. Good comparison, but again, absolute numbers not so meaningful.

On a tangent, I think it is interesting that we all get atwitter about horsepower, yet nobody really measures it. Horsepower is just a mathematical function of torque and rpm.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough
Last edit: 28 Nov 2015 19:19 by TexasKZ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PLUMMEN