exhaust pics

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
14 Nov 2015 16:14 #698671 by Olajoe
exhaust pics was created by Olajoe
Anyone got a picture of a kerker the flange to head 81 csr. I took the 81 kz1000csr stockpipes off it has split keepers. The kerker hasgot a flange but does not have the split collars. The hand out with the kerker say the collars are included but they are not. The flange on the kerker does not have one side recessed like the cap on the stock one to seat the collars. Are parts missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
15 Nov 2015 05:00 #698727 by Olajoe
Replied by Olajoe on topic exhaust pics
just a mix up. flared pipe cut in half goes on end like stock. Note to self, if i'm going to sell these pipes as a manufacturer/ dealer even though I will clearly state in the instructions split collars are included, ** DO NOT include the collars. Instead, remove the collars from the header kits and charge extra for them unless it's that guy.

Olajoe (da cat) a.k.a that guy

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
15 Nov 2015 05:15 #698732 by Olajoe
After having been quoted "Believe the hype"then delivering his 81zcrs to the dealer for a tune up Mike stutter stepped, grabbed his head, sat down for a moment and was speechless. Every stock gasket, oil seal, jet kit, now exhaust is a mod to simply install. :blink: That brand new peregrine falcon is started to look less stupid and more genius. Can't imagine boring, stroking, or any doing any kind of engine mods. Holy shit. what's that you say, you're selling a bolt on big bore stroker kit. :laugh: How soon can you delivery 10.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
15 Nov 2015 06:21 #698741 by SWest

More
15 Nov 2015 08:32 #698758 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic exhaust pics

swest wrote: I didn't get it. :huh:
Steve

TUI- Typing Under the Influence?

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
15 Nov 2015 09:20 #698764 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic exhaust pics

GPzMOD750 wrote:

Steve

TUI- Typing Under the Influence?

Me Too!
But, I'll admit to "TUI" a few times! :lol: :lol:

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
15 Nov 2015 13:22 #698804 by Olajoe
Mike is to sports what early modek z's is to a retiree. Falcons are fast birds that prey on blackbirds. Technical stuff here. Tui is for losers. Can't write perfect all the time buttons too small.

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
16 Nov 2015 05:32 #698918 by Olajoe

Steve

Hello admin, I'm on a keyboard now. I will only explain one time. I do not repeat myself over and over. The bike is year model 81kz1000m subset of csr. So what's the problem? Whenever you order parts the parts don't fit. Simple tuneups result in not being able to put the bike back together because the stock parts won't fit. Whatever todays price is for the $1000 kerker pipes they should just go right on without having to hunt down information and parts or to encourage knuckleheads to say something stupid about drinking and texting. Those are the same guys that drink and drive.

So for the knucklehead out there here's the answer. The bike is not an 81. The VIN is 81 but the bike is actually a 69 year model that was hopped up with 81 parts. In order to get the correct year parts you have to first add the two years (69+81) then divide the sum by 2. That will get you the correct year if you are ordering on a Monday. For each subsequent day of the week, you have to add 1.

Olajoe a.k.a (that guy)

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
17 Nov 2015 15:11 #699147 by Olajoe
okay I'm a fuck nut. I will put myself in timeout. Before I go here are some pictures. the black set is what i got, i guess it's the new school version. The chrome version is almost identical at the point of attachment to the head as my stock set up. It appears the new school version is a direct bolt on. It does not have a ring at the end for the split keepers to press against, there's no flange, no lip. Also the new school version has the flange welded on and it does not have a groove to receive split keepers.

the new school version bolts directly on, without split keepers but it's a bitch to seal. Unless I'm doing this wrong. I was just under the impression these pipes were the shit. It sounds good, less bite, but the hookup is nothing like the stock setup, it's flimsy.

That guy :pinch: .

Attachment correctfitment.jpg not found

Attachment kerker2015.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
18 Nov 2015 11:32 #699232 by spdygon
Replied by spdygon on topic exhaust pics
This pipes are not the shits....they are expensive because it's the same design as the early 70,s along with the name.
Lot better pipes out here but not period correct .

1982 GS1000sz Katana ( #15...17K Miles)
1982 GS1000sz Katana ( # 297....7100k Miles)
1978 Kz1000 Z1R. 10K Miles1
1978 kz1000 z1r 27k miles
1977 KZ 1000 A ( Project ) 54K Miles
1976 Kz900A4 (Red)21K miles
1976 Kz900A4 ( Red)7500 miles
1974 Z1 900 project